Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow length over rides my custom settings
MAV2000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2017 13:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have various length photos. When I do a Slideshow the length of my photos is replaced by a default of 5 seconds. Is there a way to prevent that from hapening so I can keep my custom length for each photo?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have various length photos. When I do a Slideshow the length of my photos is replaced by a default of 5 seconds. Is there a way to prevent that from hapening so I can keep my custom length for each photo?

That should not happen with the full feature editor and you add each image by itself. If you use the default settings, or add a group, then that is possible. Neither of the quicky slide show options will allow you to set the duration of the individual images.

I assume that you are selecting the image and then selecting the duration. You would then continue to make the video project and NOT select slide show. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
MAV2000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2017 13:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the full featured editor of Power Director 15. I have a bunch of images and couple video clips, music and narration. In settings, at the very top, duration is set to 4 seconds. Some of my photos have other durations. What's strange is when I implement the slideshow then all my selected pictuers become 5 seconds in duration! I wish I knew this limitation before hand.

To fix the problem I had to do a slideshow for every photo then manualy adjust the duration. Not too happy about that.

I am trying to get the effect of zooming in and out that a slideshow gives you. This adds interest to the project. What else can you do to get this effect?

Is there another place where I can set the slideshow's duration, besides setting (at the top.)?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Why are you doing individual slide shows? Why are you implementing the Slide Show options?

Just add yourimages and set the duration there. As I said, you cannot change the individual image duration if you use any of the sldie show "features"

Perhaps I don't understand you question/process. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
RobRoy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2017 21:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why are you doing individual slide shows? Why are you implementing the Slide Show options?

Just add yourimages and set the duration there. As I said, you cannot change the individual image duration if you use any of the sldie show "features"

Perhaps I don't understand you question/process.

I am having related problem: I have 2:12-worth of music that I need to sync slides to, at about 2 sec. per slide. When I select Slideshow>Motion>Match slides to music, it ends up rendering a slide show that is about 5 minutes long, nowhere near the 2:12 I requested. I have tried several times to make it right (including setting the duration to 2:12 in advance. The music piece I have selected is exactly 2:12.) What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,

Rob
stevek
[Post New]
Rob, It is always better to ask you question in a NEW thread started by you. Please do so and be sure to mention how many images you have.

The slide show function may be limited in what it can do. Why not just us the full Power Director? .
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MAV2000 & RobRoy -

What you're both up against is using the slideshow templates, whether you do it via slideshow creator or from the main timeline. The templates completely ignore your image duration settings in Preferences (as you've found).

The way to get control of the duration & sync is to build the slideshow manually.

e.g. Rob's slideshow needs to be 2:12 in duration. That's 66 photos at 2 sec duration each. If you're using Cross-type transitions (or none) that's fine. If you're using Overlap-type transitions, that will shrink the overall duration.

The other thing you can do is use the template to make the slideshow (without music) - produce - then speed up the produced file to match your music.

Ignore this if you're not interested... Example of what Overlap-type transitons do: 100 photos set to 2 sec duration. Total duration = 3:20 (200 secs). With 1 sec Cross-type transitions, that doesn't change. With 1 sec Overlap-type transitions the total duration is reduced to 1:41 (101 secs) because there are 99 transitions, so it's reduced by 99 seconds.

The good thing about building the slideshow manually, using (say) Magic Motion, is that you can control each image duration to sync with music.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!