Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dual Preview not Holding
MattC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2016 12:12 Messages: 102 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Because I like to expand the timeline (heightwise) as far as I can to include as many channels as possible, the viewer is consequently reduced in size. Up until now I've been undocking this, moving it to my second monitor and expanding it to full screen. I have to do this every time I open PDR, which is a (mild) irritation. (Nothing wrong with PDR, just that I have to do it each time.) However, I have recently remembered the dual preview setting in Preferences. Clicking on, 'Primary 2D and Secondary 2D Display' setting, I got the preview on the second monitor. Brilliant! I thought. Unfortunately, the preference does not hold. If I close PDR down and reopen, this setting has reverted back to 'Off'. If I need the display set as I wanted it, I have to redo this each time I open PDR. Not much of a difference to undocking, etc.

Any suggestions?

Matt .
PDR14; Win10-x64; i7-6700; 3.4GHz; 16GB RAM; plenty of HDD space; AMD Radeon R5 330.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Because I like to expand the timeline (heightwise) as far as I can to include as many channels as possible, the viewer is consequently reduced in size. Up until now I've been undocking this, moving it to my second monitor and expanding it to full screen. I have to do this every time I open PDR, which is a (mild) irritation. (Nothing wrong with PDR, just that I have to do it each time.) However, I have recently remembered the dual preview setting in Preferences. Clicking on, 'Primary 2D and Secondary 2D Display' setting, I got the preview on the second monitor. Brilliant! I thought. Unfortunately, the preference does not hold. If I close PDR down and reopen, this setting has reverted back to 'Off'. If I need the display set as I wanted it, I have to redo this each time I open PDR. Not much of a difference to undocking, etc.

Any suggestions?

Matt

Preview/Display Options CyberLink PowerDirector includes some preview and display options that help make your editing experience easier. Click on to set the preview quality, show the TV safe zone, display grid lines, or enable dual preview.Note: you can set the default settings for these options in Display Preferences.

Dual Preview

If you have a secondary display device, such as a monitor, TV, or DV camcorder connected to your computer, click the button and then select Dual Preview* to extend your workspace and preview your project on a secondary display.Note: to use a connected monitor or TV as a secondary preview window, you must first enable extend desktop to a secondary display in the Windows Display Properties Settings. * optional feature in CyberLink PowerDirector. Check the version table on our web site for detailed versioning information.

Once enabled, when you click play in the preview window, you can preview your production on both your primary and secondary display when Primary 2D and Secondary 2D Display is selected. Select DV Camcorder to extend your production preview to a connected DV camcorder device.

The help files woud suggest you can default the setting Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
MattC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Shadowman,

Thanks for your reply.

This all makes sense, but the setting doesn't hold. I follow the instructions, simple as they are, but when PDR is restarted, the setting is reset to 'Off'. I can't get it to hold to the setting I want. All other settings seem to hold. Just not this one.

Can you (or anyone else) try on yours and tell me if you can get the setting to hold after restarting PDR, please?

Matt .
PDR14; Win10-x64; i7-6700; 3.4GHz; 16GB RAM; plenty of HDD space; AMD Radeon R5 330.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
No, the undock setting never hold.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I'll bet that it's a possibility that hasn't ever been considered by the developers. There's always the "Wish list/suggestions" thread that you could post in.
MattC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tomasc.

Thanks Longedge. I had considered doing that for a couple of other queries, but I see at the moment that they're now taking suggestions for version 17! I only on 14 (purchased last year) and I'm not sure I wanted to upgrade at all, anyway - although, I suppose it might help someone else in the future. I will consider your suggestion. Thank you.

Matt .
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Others have mentioned in the past that PDR doesn't 'remember' whether it was full screen or Windowed when closing and it does seem a great omission to me not to implement that capability, it can't be difficult to write the info to an ini file as PDR closes. I've added a suggestion myself smile.