Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Renduring produces a split (side-by-side) video. Why???
Toni@ActionForAging [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2017 23:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've rendured 3 times now, using the YouTube link to produce and upload. Each time, it produces a side-by-side, split video (a video with a split screen, so I'm seeing two copies of my video playing side by side on the screen). For the life of me, I cannot figure out WHY.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong for this to be occurring? It's not only driving me bonkers, but it's also VERY time consuming at this point. It has done this once before, but I simply deleted the erroneous produced video, closed and reopened PD15, and rendured again with no problem. If you have experienced this and/or know how to resolve it, PLEASE help. Thanks much.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
My guess is that YouTube thinks that the video that is being uploaded is a side by side 3D video. Check to make sure of the settings.

The second p[ossibility is that PowerDirector was asked to PRODUCE a 3D side by side video.

Check those and get back to us.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2017 09:38

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
William976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2016 01:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My guess is that YouTube thinks that the video that is being uploaded is a side by side 3D video. Check to make sure of the settings.

The second p[ossibility is that PowerDirector was asked to PRODUCE a 3D side by side video.

Yes, this is what was happening, but both times that I tried to produce the video in PD using the YouTube option, I unchecked the 3D option, but PD produced a 3D video anyway? Is there some setting in preferences that defaults to automatically select the 3D option? It is not the UTube upload that is the problem. The copy saved on my HAD was 3D also. What might be turning this flag on automatically, after it has been turned off? Thanks.
Toni@ActionForAging [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2017 23:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My guess is that YouTube thinks that the video that is being uploaded is a side by side 3D video. Check to make sure of the settings.

The second possibility is that PowerDirector was asked to PRODUCE a 3D side by side video.

Well, I did check and I didn't have the 3D box checked on the PD side. Like the commenter above, wondering if there is some other setting that wasn't tweaked? I appreciate the help and suggestions offered, thank you. What IS working is to not use the YouTube processing link. I render first, then use head over to YouTube and use the upload link there. No problems when I go that route.