Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD15 Update??
Andy11800 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2017 09:02 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
New to PD, so may sound like a stupid question. When checking for updates, says an update is available, downloads, then says during install that I have the incorrect version????
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Click on the word PowerDirector on the top right of the screen. A popup window with the build version should appear. Compare that to the patch version. Your version may be higher than the retail patch available.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote New to PD, so may sound like a stupid question. When checking for updates, says an update is available, downloads, then says during install that I have the incorrect version????
Do you have the Live version?

The Live version is updated via the Cyberlink Application Manager. Run the Application Manager, you will see if there are any updates. Updates show on the Update tab.

Updates are not available for OEM versions either.

If you already have the build number you are downloading, you can get that error message also.

Click on the word Powerdirector on the upper Right to see what version and build you have. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Andy11800 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2017 09:02 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Says I have version 15.0.2820.0 type ultra

Quote New to PD, so may sound like a stupid question. When checking for updates, says an update is available, downloads, then says during install that I have the incorrect version????
Do you have the Live version?

The Live version is updated via the Cyberlink Application Manager. Run the Application Manager, you will see if there are any updates. Updates show on the Update tab.

Updates are not available for OEM versions either.

If you already have the build number you are downloading, you can get that error message also.

Click on the word Powerdirector on the upper Right to see what version and build you have.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Says I have version 15.0.2820.0 type ultra

That is the current Build update, which is the reason it won't update. You have the Update already.
. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.