Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I remove the grey background on the "I love travel" title?
Nørsterud [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2017 07:57 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded the title to join the contest of travel video. But when I try to use the title "I love travel", it has a grey background. How can I remove this grey background on power director 15?

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2017 08:03

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nørsterud -

Fair question! It cannot be done in Title Designer.

That "grey" isn't really grey - it's a semi-transparent background. When it's inserted over a video or photo it's barely even noticeable.

Here's a modified version where the background is completely transparent. All I did was modify the background graphic "wb-fs8.png" found in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Titles to make it fully transparent.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Nørsterud [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, looks much better, the only thing is that the cyberlink logo disappeared on that one, and theres a coloured square instead.
Is it possible to do this and not get the coloured square?

Cheers Espen

Quote Hi Nørsterud -

Fair question! It cannot be done in Title Designer.

That "grey" isn't really grey - it's a semi-transparent background. When it's inserted over a video or photo it's barely even noticeable.

Here's a modified version where the background is completely transparent. All I did was modify the background graphic "wb-fs8.png" found in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Titles to make it fully transparent.

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Beats me what happened there! I didn't change anything to do with the CL logo (I thought).

See if this 2nd attempt does the job.

Cheers - Tony
Nørsterud [Avatar]
[Post New]
Perfection on point, thanks alot
Could you please explain how you did it, maybe I know for another time I challenge the same problem

Cheers Espen

Quote Beats me what happened there! I didn't change anything to do with the CL logo (I thought).

Cheers - Tony
Nørsterud [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wait, I noticed that the Cyberlink text wasnt there any longer.... On the bottom

Quote Perfection on point, thanks alot
Could you please explain how you did it, maybe I know for another time I challenge the same problem

Cheers Espen

Quote Beats me what happened there! I didn't change anything to do with the CL logo (I thought).

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hmmm - I just downloaded the 2017 Travel3 template to a different PC & the CyberLink logo is present (as it was before I uploaded).

All I did was:

1. Locate the folder containing the downloaded template in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Titles

2. Opened the folder & checked to contents to see what was causing the "grey" appearance

3. Saw that the graphic file "wb-fs8.png" was semi-transparent

4. Opened it in Pain.NET & made it completely transparent

5. Closed all the up & opened PDR... & it seemed to be what you wanted.

Usually I'm able to understand the elements of a template like that, but this one is a bit of a mystery to me because that CyberLink logo does NOT appear in the Title Designer timeline (even though it's in the template folder).

Cheers - Tony
Nørsterud [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again, I found out everything worked when I put it into its own place in the timeline. the cyberlink logo only disapeared when I used it on top of a video. So now everything is okey

Cheers Espen

Quote Hmmm - I just downloaded the 2017 Travel3 template to a different PC & the CyberLink logo is present (as it was before I uploaded).

All I did was:

1. Locate the folder containing the downloaded template in C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Titles

2. Opened the folder & checked to contents to see what was causing the "grey" appearance

3. Saw that the graphic file "wb-fs8.png" was semi-transparent

4. Opened it in Pain.NET & made it completely transparent

5. Closed all the up & opened PDR... & it seemed to be what you wanted.

Usually I'm able to understand the elements of a template like that, but this one is a bit of a mystery to me because that CyberLink logo does NOT appear in the Title Designer timeline (even though it's in the template folder).

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Espen -

Something's very odd at your end. Here, the logo is visible in the title whether it's alone or overlaid on a clip. See attached timeline shot.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Travel template.png]
 Filename
Travel template.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
304 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
34 time(s)

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The 2017 Travel3 cyberlink logo disappears when it is alone on my timeline because the lettering is black and full transparency show up as black. Tried 16 bit and 32 bit display settings to see if there was a difference. None seen. I would use the one everyone else uses.

I don’t want the chance of a judge disqualifying my video in the contest.
Nørsterud [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmm, thats weird... But atleast it worked alone, so now my videos are uploaded and approved, so everything is good!!

Just have another question, i linked the video from my youtube account, will the views on youtube also show on cyberlink, or should I share the link from cyberlink if I want more views?

Cheers Espen

Quote Hi Espen -

Something's very odd at your end. Here, the logo is visible in the title whether it's alone or overlaid on a clip. See attached timeline shot.

Cheers - Tony