Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce video wrong frame size
jeenad.holic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 11, 2017 10:24 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi jeenad.holic -

What media player are you using?
Longedge is all over this one!

It is not, as far as I can tell, a problem with how PDR is producing the 9:16 video. It is a problem with how Media Player Classic - Home Cinema is interpreting the aspect ratio data.

Playing the produced video in VLC Player, Windows Media Player, Win10 Films & TV, or GOM Player will yield the correct Display Aspect Ratio.

Cheers - Tony

I used "321" and "WMP", now I just format and reinstall windows, installing PD now, wait for my test, hope everything will be ok this time frown
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
My results are somewhat different on my pc.

Mediainfo on the original mobizen…mp4 are 720 x 1280, AR 0.563. Displays correct portrait orientation on wmp and vlc.

Mediainfo on Longedge’s Produce.mp4 are 1280 x 720, AR 16:9 , Rotation 90. Displays sideways on wmp, the same sideways on jeenad’s screenshot. Displays correct vertically on vlc as in Longedge’s screenshot.

This to me means that the original is AR 9:16 and does not have an orientation flag. The PD15 produced video is AR 16:9 and has a Rotate 90 orientation flag. That flag is ignored in my win 7 wmp but not ignored in my vlc player.
jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi jeenad.holic -

What media player are you using?
Longedge is all over this one!
surprisedIt is not, as far as I can tell, a problem with how PDR is producing the 9:16 video. It is a problem with how Media Player Classic - Home Cinema is interpreting the aspect ratio data.

Playing the produced video in VLC Player, Windows Media Player, Win10 Films & TV, or GOM Player will yield the correct Display Aspect Ratio.

Cheers - Tony

You're right, another program play right frame size, now what happend with "321" and WMP????? surprised

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
You posted right after I did. Apparently you windows media player does not handle orientation flags like mine did not. VLC does handle the orientation flag as shown by your own screenshots.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
There you go - thie quirks of the system! There are variables all over the place. Different OS. Different media players. Different versions of different media players...

You're right tomasc. MediaInfo reads the produced file as 1280x720 (16:9) with a 90° rotation. Video Info does the same, but doesn't list an orientation flag.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There you go - thie quirks of the system! There are variables all over the place. Different OS. Different media players. Different versions of different media players...

You're right tomasc. MediaInfo reads the produced file as 1280x720 (16:9) with a 90° rotation. Video Info does the same, but doesn't list an orientation flag.

Cheers - Tony

is there anything I can do to fix the problem with "321" and WMP?? cry

@tomasc: now we only can play the file by VLC & GOM frown

P/S: but when I play the original I recorded by phone, it played in right frame size, the problem just happend when I produced then play the video????

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2017 14:59

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Are you using win 7 or win 8.1? It may be that the orientation flag is used in the win 10 version of wmp but not used in the win 7 version of wmp. If this is the case then upgrade to windows 10 is one answer.
jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Are you using win 7 or win 8.1? It may be that the orientation flag is used in the win 10 version of wmp but not used in the win 7 version of wmp. If this is the case then upgrade to windows 10 is one answer.

I'm using win 7 now T__T
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
The forum is driving me nuts! I posted an hour ago and just came back to the computer and my post has disappeared again.

Anyway I was wondering if anybody else has tried a test render in the same way that I did it and with the same result?

• Changed PDR workspace to 9:16

• Imported jeenad.holic's video and placed on timeline

• Rendered it to 720x1280

It looks to me as if PDR deals with this format by adding the rotation flag rather than respecting the width/height values. There are lots of other discussions on the subject such as here.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The forum is driving me nuts! I posted an hour ago and just came back to the computer and my post has disappeared again.

It does happen a lot. See this post on how to save time and retyping: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/62634.page .

P.S. Just confirmed that the windows 10 media player play your produced file correctly in the portrait orientation sealed while the one in win 7, also version 12 plays it incorrectly in the landscape orientation. frown
jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The forum is driving me nuts! I posted an hour ago and just came back to the computer and my post has disappeared again.

It does happen a lot. See this post on how to save time and retyping: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/62634.page .

P.S. Just confirmed that the windows 10 media player play your produced file correctly in the portrait orientation sealed while the one in win 7, also version 12 plays it incorrectly in the landscape orientation. frown

I have to deal with use VLC to play my videos from now on T___T

Btw, may I ask if PD can create a video like that? (I don't know how to describe, I have a video for example, at 0:17s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg-QerlDbxg

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Btw, may I ask if PD can create a video like that? (I don't know how to describe, I have a video for example, at 0:17s)

This post is going to be 30 threads long. The original issue here has been resolved. Please start a new topic post on this new question. I am sure this will be answered quickly.