Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce video wrong frame size
jeenad.holic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 11, 2017 10:24 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
First, I'm not good at english so I will describe by image, I used PD to cut a video (w720-h1280) but it end (w1280-h720). How can I fix it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2017 12:03

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Download Irfanview (free) insert your 1280 x720 image, Image > Rotate right (clockwise). Then save the image.

That will reset the flag that tells the viewer to show the image vertical 720 x 1280.

Your image is rotated to horizonal, it needs to be rotated back to vertical.

Edit My Answer: Since you are using Powerdirector 15 you can select the aspect rato of 9:16, then produce the video. It should then be orientated correctly. You have a vertical video shot on your cell phone held vertically. Powerdirector 15 has the 9:16 aspect ratio.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 12. 2017 10:14

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Download Irfanview (free) insert your 1280 x720 image, Image > Rotate right (clockwise). Then save the image.

That will reset the flag that tells the viewer to show the image vertical 720 x 1280.

Your image is rotated to horizonal, it needs to be rotated back to vertical.

Sorry, i think it apply for picture, not for video?
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
If you've recorded your video in 'Portrait' orientation rather than 'Landscape' then you're pretty much stuck with it. You certainly can't simply rotate it (unless you want to lie on your side to watch it). One of the things you can do (like they do with viewers footage on the TV) is grab a still image from your footage or use some other background image and then place your video over the top of it.
jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you've recorded your video in 'Portrait' orientation rather than 'Landscape' then you're pretty much stuck with it. You certainly can't simply rotate it (unless you want to lie on your side to watch it). One of the things you can do (like they do with viewers footage on the TV) is grab a still image from your footage or use some other background image and then place your video over the top of it.

It's true that I recorded in "Portrait" orientation but all old videos I can edit, cutting, add text, then produce in right frame size (you can check here https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=295017624276826&id=288010871644168 ), the problem just happened today when I open a new video to edit then it turn out like that, I tried uninstall and reinstall PD but it's still the same

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 11. 2017 16:14

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have you recently changed your aspect ratio from 16:9 to 9:16 ?

p.s. - or have you locked/unlocked the screen orientation on your iPhone perhaps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2017 16:24

jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Have you recently changed your aspect ratio from 16:9 to 9:16 ?

p.s. - or have you locked/unlocked the screen orientation on your iPhone perhaps.

All videos I recorded by my phone always set to 9:16 when I import to PD and I locked my phone portrait either
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
The example you used looks like a screenshot from your iPhone. Still images that contain exif information have an orientation tag within the exif info and I was wondering if that was causing the problem somehow. However you say that this is happening with your video files so I'm at a loss now. All I can suggest is to think back about what settings you have changed. Also perhaps shoot a very short video clip just a few seconds and make sure that it causes the same problem then post it here as an attachment for us to try out.
jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The example you used looks like a screenshot from your iPhone. Still images that contain exif information have an orientation tag within the exif info and I was wondering if that was causing the problem somehow. However you say that this is happening with your video files so I'm at a loss now. All I can suggest is to think back about what settings you have changed. Also perhaps shoot a very short video clip just a few seconds and make sure that it causes the same problem then post it here as an attachment for us to try out.

The video I want to edit approximately 2GB, I done edit everything like normal, waited for produce (about 1hour15min) and it turn out like that, I really shocked 😮😮😮 the example I used was a new video I recorded to test (about 12 sec) all the images screenshot I took on PC (and I used android phone) the video I recorded (for test) when play on PC it's still in right frame size, I think problem come from PD, I uninstall, reinstall, it means everything will be set default, but it still have problem like that, I will send the video (12sec) when I online by PC 😅😅
jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The example you used looks like a screenshot from your iPhone. Still images that contain exif information have an orientation tag within the exif info and I was wondering if that was causing the problem somehow. However you say that this is happening with your video files so I'm at a loss now. All I can suggest is to think back about what settings you have changed. Also perhaps shoot a very short video clip just a few seconds and make sure that it causes the same problem then post it here as an attachment for us to try out.

Here is it
 Filename
mobizen_20170611_205420.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10665 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
169 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just replied to this and attached an example - it seems to have disappeared!
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will try again and then add the attachment afterwards.

I said:-

"All that I can say is that it imported, displayed on timeline and produced perfectly on my computer - example attached.I re-sized it slightly and added a quick title below it.

There's nothing wrong with the video so I can only conclude that it is peculiar to your system.

If you know when the problem started, you could see if you have got a system restore point just before then and use that, otherwise I'm not sure what to suggest."

p.s. - adding attachment.
 Filename
Produce.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Test render.
 Filesize
6323 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
298 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2017 09:24

jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I just replied to this and attached an example - it seems to have disappeared!

try again
 Filename
mobizen_20170611_205420.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10665 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
159 time(s)
jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I will try again and then add the attachment afterwards.

I said:-

"All that I can say is that it imported, displayed on timeline and produced perfectly on my computer - example attached.I re-sized it slightly and added a quick title below it.

There's nothing wrong with the video so I can only conclude that it is peculiar to your system.

If you know when the problem started, you could see if you have got a system restore point just before then and use that, otherwise I'm not sure what to suggest."

p.s. - adding attachment.

can not download the attach file, can you upload it on ggdrive or MF?
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
"can you upload it on ggdrive or MF?" - Don't worry about it, it simply shows that there is nothing wrong, the orientation is correct.
jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote "can you upload it on ggdrive or MF?" - Don't worry about it, it simply shows that there is nothing wrong, the orientation is correct.

this is your video when I play on PC, is it the same when you play the video on your PC? can you take a sceenshot?

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
What Media Player are you using? Screenshot :- and a second one when played back in VLC which is even better as it creates a 'portrait' window to playback.

[Thumb - screenshot.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot.
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
213 time(s)
[Thumb - screenshot1.jpg]
 Filename
screenshot1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot with VLC
 Filesize
146 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
207 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 12. 2017 13:14

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jeenad.holic -

What media player are you using?
Longedge is all over this one!

It is not, as far as I can tell, a problem with how PDR is producing the 9:16 video. It is a problem with how Media Player Classic - Home Cinema is interpreting the aspect ratio data.

Playing the produced video in VLC Player, Windows Media Player, Win10 Films & TV, or GOM Player will yield the correct Display Aspect Ratio.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
... ahhh yes just saw the tell tale '123' icon top left of the playback window smile.

p.s. - or I should say '321'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2017 13:35

jeenad.holic [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi jeenad.holic -

What media player are you using?
Longedge is all over this one!

It is not, as far as I can tell, a problem with how PDR is producing the 9:16 video. It is a problem with how Media Player Classic - Home Cinema is interpreting the aspect ratio data.

Playing the produced video in VLC Player, Windows Media Player, Win10 Films & TV, or GOM Player will yield the correct Display Aspect Ratio.

Cheers - Tony

I used "321" and "WMP", now I just format and reinstall windows, installing PD now, wait for my test, hope everything will be ok this time frown