Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ColorDirector Green Screen
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All

I'm having a problem with ColorDirector. Basically the clips I import are showing fine in the preview screen, but once added to the timeline the screen becomes green.

Please find attached the video details as per ColorDirector.

The clips were taken in slow motion if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help

Robert
[Thumb - coldirgreen.png]
 Filename
coldirgreen.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
79 time(s)
Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Go to Preferences/Hardware Acceleration and uncheck the box for video decoding.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Go to Preferences/Hardware Acceleration and uncheck the box for video decoding.

As usual Tomasc, a first class answer.

However, I saved a file, but I cant get it into PD13. When the file was saved it was placed in Cyberlink - Colordirector - 3.0. Windows explorer sees it there, but when I try to import it into PD the folder is empty.

Any ideas gratefully received

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Your question was about colordirector but you posted in the powerdirector forum. The answer I gave is for the colordirector preference settings.

If you see the file in win explorer then you can always just drag it to the PD13 media library.
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Your question was about colordirector but you posted in the powerdirector forum. The answer I gave is for the colordirector preference settings.

If you see the file in win explorer then you can always just drag it to the PD13 media library.

Thanks Tomasc

When I try to drag it I get an error message

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert -

Obviously the clip should be displaying properly in CDR. Have you tried reinstalling your GPU driver?

When you say you "saved a file" I assume you mean "produce". Yes? What format profile was used? Strange that PDR doesn't even recognise it in the folder when you try to import.

Attached: CDR properties of clip (shot at 960fps but converted in-camera). Produced file imported into PDR.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - CDR_Properties.png]
 Filename
CDR_Properties.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1377 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
71 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Hi Robert -

Obviously the clip should be displaying properly in CDR. Have you tried reinstalling your GPU driver?

When you say you "saved a file" I assume you mean "produce". Yes? What format profile was used? Strange that PDR doesn't even recognise it in the folder when you try to import.

Attached: CDR properties of clip (shot at 960fps but converted in-camera). Produced file imported into PDR.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony, thank you for your help.

I think I have it fathomed now. It all seems to depend on whether CD is the primary program or it is being used through PD. It was as the primary program where I got mixed up. I was trying use "Save as" and then bring it straight into PD. I didn't realise that I needed to export the file into PD, Whereas, when editing in CD through PD you just click on "back"

I think that's right - maybe???

Regards