Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stop Motion - jerky images
[Post New]
Hi Forum members

I'm trying to make a stop motion movie using PD 15. The end result is jerky. I would like the end result to be as smooth and close to normal video as possible.

I've tried so far

1) Using the slide show and 'time lapse' feature

2) Running varios fx effects (delay) over the finished result ... both befor and after producing.

In the past I've used other video editing software and simply put a cross fade between each image... but in PD I don't think I can bulk process and don't look forward to manually adding a cross fade to 1000 photos

Looking forward to recieving your suggestions and wisdom!

Tom
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Re: Bulk processing of transitions. Add the cross fade transition of your choice to YOUR Favorites in the transition room. Look just above the timeline and you will see 3 choices for adding the transition in bulk.

I'll capture an image for you if it is not readily apparent let me know .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Stevek ... many thanks for the bulk processing suggestion ... it is blindingly obviouse now that I can see it! smile

Quote Re: Bulk processing of transitions. Add the cross fade transition of your choice to YOUR Favorites in the transition room. Look just above the timeline and you will see 3 choices for adding the transition in bulk.

I'll capture an image for you if it is not readily apparent let me know
[Post New]
I added a fade transition between each photo... but its worse than the time lapse setting in the slide show. Any other suggestions about how to smooth the transition between photos?

Tom

Quote Stevek ... many thanks for the bulk processing suggestion ... it is blindingly obviouse now that I can see it! smile

Quote Re: Bulk processing of transitions. Add the cross fade transition of your choice to YOUR Favorites in the transition room. Look just above the timeline and you will see 3 choices for adding the transition in bulk.

I'll capture an image for you if it is not readily apparent let me know

<span style="border-radius: 2px; text-indent: 20px; width: auto; padding: 0px 4px 0px 0px; text-align: center; font: bold 11px/20px 'Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,sans-serif; color: #ffffff; background: #bd081c no-repeat scroll 3px 50% / 14px 14px; position: absolute; opacity: 1; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer;">Save</span>
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I don;t but perhaps one of the Tutorial will help. Look at this one. There are more .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Stevek

Thanks for that ... yes I've been through the tutorials and this leads to the solution I've used till now. Maybe what I need is the kind of solutions Dream Works use ... which I guess won't run on my little computer!

After experimenting I've found that the recomended Slide show - time lapse soltion gives the best and easist results.

Any other suggestions about smoothing the transitions between frames? I'd be happy to hear from other forum memebers.

Thanks

Tom

Quote I don;t but perhaps one of the Tutorial will help. Look at this one. There are more
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Any other suggestions about smoothing the transitions between frames? I'd be happy to hear from other forum memebers.

If you do the slideshow manually like choose the time for the images and the time for the overlap transition in preferences, then you can have full control on what you want to do.

Fast 1 second transitions is what I use but you may need 3 or 4 seconds transition to make it look smooth to your eyes. Experiment with the times to find what not jerky and is best for your eyes.
[Post New]
Thanks ... I'll experiment.

I have 1000 photos, and in the end will make a super fast 4 second clip. So I create the animation, produce it, then speed up the clip to reach 4 seconds play time. I have so many photos because the scene is complex, so a lot happens, and its easier to leave the camera running on automatic, so I don't need to think about it, then process and edit afterwards.

Does that sound intelligent?

Tom

Quote Any other suggestions about smoothing the transitions between frames? I'd be happy to hear from other forum memebers.

If you do the slideshow manually like choose the time for the images and the time for the overlap transition in preferences, then you can have full control on what you want to do.

Fast 1 second transitions is what I use but you may need 3 or 4 seconds transition to make it look smooth to your eyes. Experiment with the times to find what not jerky and is best for your eyes.