Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why so slow?!
Ramathorn15 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2017 23:22 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm editing about 4 min worth of 30 second 4k clips. If I attempt to change any part of my video, it takes forever. As in, I set the temp to 3 notches cooler, it takes 10-20 seconds for the program to register that I clicked the up arrow then another 10-20 seconds for the change to happen in the preview. Also, the preview is unusable at the lowest resolution with shadows enables. It freezes after playing about 10 seconds then wont continue and will freeze the entire program to a halt for about 45 seconds until it catches up with itself. I litterally cant even drag the time indicator from the middle to the begining of the video without it freezing.

I have an i7 7700k, 16gb of ddr5 ram, 250gb of m.2 ssd, and a nividia 1050 gpu. I know its not the computer as the cpu and ram are never even close to 50%

I've also been dealing with jerks before and after each transisiton, only visible after rendering. Also, the keyframe dropping off during the transition fade.

This program is pretty much unesable for me at the moment. I really need help. I feel like I bought a dud software if such a thing is even possible. Thank you!
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm editing about 4 min worth of 30 second 4k clips. If I attempt to change any part of my video, it takes forever. As in, I set the temp to 3 notches cooler, it takes 10-20 seconds for the program to register that I clicked the up arrow then another 10-20 seconds for the change to happen in the preview. Also, the preview is unusable at the lowest resolution with shadows enables. It freezes after playing about 10 seconds then wont continue and will freeze the entire program to a halt for about 45 seconds until it catches up with itself. I litterally cant even drag the time indicator from the middle to the begining of the video without it freezing.

I have an i7 7700k, 16gb of ddr5 ram, 250gb of m.2 ssd, and a nividia 1050 gpu. I know its not the computer as the cpu and ram are never even close to 50%

I've also been dealing with jerks before and after each transisiton, only visible after rendering. Also, the keyframe dropping off during the transition fade.

This program is pretty much unesable for me at the moment. I really need help. I feel like I bought a dud software if such a thing is even possible. Thank you!

Hi Ramathorn 15

I have a strange feeling with your system !!?? Please ad your DxDiag to us so we can see mor details.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09. 2017 03:37

Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
Ramathorn15 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the response. I will do that this afternoon when I get home from work. Any idea why I get a jerk Everytime an overlapping transition starts and ends? Or why the key frame edits drop off during the transition fade?
Ramathorn15 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is my DXDiag. Hopefully someone can help!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
66 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
192 time(s)
Ramathorn15 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am desperate for some help here. I have a perfectly edited video with 2 second overlapping fading transisitons and about half of them cause a massive jerk in the video right as the transition starts and right as it ends on the new clip. I have broken the entire series of clips apart and redid every transistion about 3 times now. Every time I end up with a hand full of jerks, almost always on different clips.

I really regret this software. There are so many bugs that make it nearly useless for me. Makes me feel like im constantly having to comprimise or change things to get them to work after spending countless hours in the firstplace.
Ramathorn15 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think I figured it out. This crap program cant handle overlapping transitions when the speed of the video is altered. If you have a video set at 2x when it starts the transition it has a massive jerk as it goes back to its original speed, even though you obviously wouldn't want it to slow down just for the transision.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The computer should be able to handle 4k clips as is. You have indicated in your initial post that you have shadow files enabled, low preview resolution, overlap transitions, and have problems in produces.

That does sound like problems that happen when the shadow files are still generating as indicated by the yellow icon in the media thumbnails. It can take a long time for those shadow files to finish in which the icon is green. Leave the pc on overnight may be necessary for those shadow files to finish. Editing should then be smooth at the high preview resolution setting.

EDIT: I had already prepared the above comment when I saw that you commented again. I don't use transitions with altered speed videos.
Ramathorn15 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The computer should be able to handle 4k clips as is. You have indicated in your initial post that you have shadow files enabled, low preview resolution, overlap transitions, and have problems in produces.

That does sound like problems that happen when the shadow files are still generating as indicated by the yellow icon in the media thumbnails. It can take a long time for those shadow files to finish in which the icon is green. Leave the pc on overnight may be necessary for those shadow files to finish. Editing should then be smooth at the high preview resolution setting.

EDIT: I had already prepared the above comment when I saw that you commented again. I don't use transitions with altered speed videos.

Thank you for your response. Using the shadow files helped a lot as the preview used to be unesable. Now, with shadows enabled, I can get a decent preview until I have a PIP or anything else other than just the original file. The whole program freezes when trying to play any credits I add.

I just finished producing 15 clips which had speed alterations and am now having to go back and redo every transition. I'm hoping that works around the speed/transition bug, but am still super annoyed I'm having to spend hours doing this. I'll probably trash this program after this video is complete and spend the money on adobe. Should have done that in the first place.