Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ATI stream technology not working
Bill [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2008 04:47 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have Power Director 7 Ultra with a Radeon HD 4870 graphic card

The "enable GPU hardware video encoder" is faded (not available) & I've tried every bit of advice from Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko to no avail.

Please Help.

sjr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2009 12:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Are you using Vista 64? Avivo is not supported in Vista 64. As far as I can find it is the only Windows version that it is not supported in. Looking around online it sounds as if it should be added very shortly.

It is ATI not CyberLink that is where the support issue lies. ATI just does not have it for Vista 64 yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2009 13:52

Sohail [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2009 00:07 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I am Vista-32 user and I have the same problem. I just don't see the check-box highlighted.

I read some of the threads on this fourm and with that, I have downloaded the AVIVO from ATI site and I have tried the AVI file, the M2TS file, etc.

Cyberlink or someone ought to please provide a clear guidelines please.

This is one of the key reasons why I went with Cyberlink.
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I remember reading something about having the proper ATI Catalyst drivers and perhaps something else installed as well. It was on a post I read a couple of weeks ago. You might want to search some of the recent archives.

I have an NVIDIA card and I had to install the latest drivers to get the GPU rendering to work.

Edit:
I did a quick search and found the following post

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/6031.page

See if this helps

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2009 15:52

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Bill [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have XP Pro installed, PD Ultra 7.0.2519, ATI Radeon 4870 card, latest ATI drivers, Avivo & CC 9.3.

but "Enable GPU hardware video encoder" checkbox is grayed out.

Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2009 12:48 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
is this when you want to produce a disc or a single file?

mine is also grayed out when i want to produce a disc but it works fine when i produce a single file in mpeg2 format.
Scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2009 05:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have Vista 64 installed and the 32bit Avivo works, if you use the ATi application (althoug it is somewhat limited but I don't think that has anthing to do with 32/63bit). However I'm having the same problem as mentioned above...greyed out tick box in PowerDirector7.

Considering so many people are having the problem...you woulod think someone at Cyberlink should be looking at it...given the amount of adverts about GPU enhancements.
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi!

i´ve already mailed this to the cyberlink support and they answered me that is in cause of a driver problem with the ati cards. For that Reason the file output is not compatible with the dvd/blu ray standard that the players can read.

so what now?

cu.
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the update but to be honest...it doesn't help.

I've just spent £320 on an ATI 4870x2 with the explicit intention of using PowerDirector with ATI Stream. To now find out it doesn't work...I feel like sending the card back as "not fit for purpose" and getting an Nvidia card.

If you type Video encode with hardware into Google...all you see is adverts for Cyberlink and ATI...what a load of crap.

Not a happy chappie...
Bill [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: is this when you want to produce a disc or a single file?

mine is also grayed out when i want to produce a disc but it works fine when i produce a single file in mpeg2 format.

Tried that and every other option, seems like a waste of money.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2009 00:17

Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
but the gpu encoder is only functionig under 32 bit Operating Systems.

64 bit is not working you can read it in the compatibility specs for the driver files from ati.

cu
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
Are you implying that we should read the release notes for every components driver before purchasing something?...seems like a sad state to be in...

Vista 64 is the current OS from Microsoft and has been available for a number of years. It's 'normally' safe to assume that when a company like Cyberlink and ATI are telling everyone about a new feature.(GPU acceleration)..that it's supported on the current release of operating system.

Wes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2009 20:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem using an ATI HD 4670, Vista 32-bit, and the latest drivers (both Catalyst and AVIVO). I've gone back and forth with tech support several times and they just keep telling me that I don't have an NVIDIA card or how to enable NVIDIA CUDA. I'd love a solution, but sounds to me from these responses like they did the minimum to get certified enough to slap the ATI Stream logo on the web page. The real support for acceleration in the product is targeted at NVIDIA and unless enough ATI users are having these issues and open tickets nothing is going to happen to make it better.
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sounds like I should try and return my card. Glad I'm not alone with this problem.

Cheers
Scott [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sent the ATI back and replaced it with an Nvidia GTX 295. Now it just works. Now compressing a 1hr 45min film takes less than 10mins. Now that's what I call progress.

Bin your ATI cards...CUDA wins out every time (and gives you other options of products to use)
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I found the correct drivers on this page

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista32/common-vista32

My box is no longer grey.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2009 15:20

[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2009 17:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
mine is. win7 64