Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 Choppy Playback
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2009 12:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

The system:
EVGA X58
Intel i7 920
6GB DDR3 Ram
2X 1TB HD (raid 00)

DVD Burner
BluRay Reader

Windows 7 OS

I just installed the new PowerDVD 9.

I played Shreck 2 and the playback was choppy.
I played The Cat in the Hat and PowerDVD froze.

Any ideas or suggestions? Hints or Tips?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Ummm...maybe because you are playing PowerDVD on a beta operating system, that for sure PowerDVD 9 has not yet been opitmized for.

Dave
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2009 12:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps I misunderstood the purpose of this area...

Apparently it is for narrow minded people who couldn't answer the question to dole out their high handed answers.

I was asking the question to those who might actually be able to help. Since Windows 7 is going to replace Vista, I would think that Cyberlink would be looking for a solution to this issue.

Good news is that I found a solution, my NVIDIA driver had a small hang-up. Bad news is that you Offcell are a mindless atomoton that was unable to belch up an original answer.

Since I could go on forever about you Offcell, I will end it simply with Byte Me. If you can't provide a usable answer and move the product into the future, just Byte me.

Good day,
John
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2008 06:09 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Well said John! This forum should be for helping each other and not for defending Cyberlink with lame excuses.

I'm glad you could solve your problem and thanks for sharing the solution here - I'm sure others will be thankful as well.

Regards!