Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning problems with PowerDirector 5
Fudge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2006 07:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone having burning problems with the Ver 5. I just can't seem to get the program to burn the disc. The whole is greater that the sum of its parts.
Walter [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Indiana Joined: Jul 14, 2006 12:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My main complaint is how slowwww the program is with prep and burning.
Henderson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2006 04:14 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
interesting I have stopped useing version 5 and that is one of the reasons
why
I have gone back to version 4 its faster and has most of what version 5 has except the themes that i find anoying anyway but my work around is I never burn to disk but aways create a mpeg2 file only that I can burn to disk useing power producer .
If you try burning to disk useing the power director you will find it slow .
Cheers Frank
Turner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2006 11:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
yes I had the same problem. I inquired about this problem to the tech people and they sent me a zip file with 2 dll's and instructions on installing the dll's. The zip file is AM1229. I am now not having any problems burning
grumpysister [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tennessee Joined: Jul 13, 2006 11:56 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Turner, I did the same and now mine works fine. Out of Memory!!
Petersen [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Klaus Petersen Joined: Jun 23, 2006 14:35 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Turner,

Very interesting. I am sure that most of us have experienced the very slow burning proces of PDR 5.

I searched at the CyberLink homepage, but could not find anything about the ZIP-file AM1229. However, at the FAQ I found some of the issues also discussed in this forum.

Do you know how others than you two guys can receive this ZIP-file ?

Of cause we could all mail Tech Support, but ....
Med venlig hilsen,

Klaus
grumpysister [Avatar]
[Post New]
Petersen, sorry for the misunderstanding. The zip file is not for slow dvd burning. It fixed a problem that was preventing any dvd burning. As far as slow burning dvd goes, wish there was a fix for that, might as well watch paint dry, its much faster. Lol!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 28. 2006 17:06

Out of Memory!!
Ansari [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2006 18:23 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
you don't need any things out of PD5 gust put creat disk on PD5 and go head ! if you can't used go to cyberlink site and download the trail of Power2Go 5.5 ! after installed you can burn very easy by this system from PD5 !
Petersen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Grumpysister (hmmm !!!!!)

Thank you for your reply. I guess you are saying that even we cannot change the physics.

However, I am using both PDR 5 and PowerProducer 3 for burning, and my intuitive feelings are that - wihtout any direct comparisons - PP 3 is faster.

Especially, in sitatuions (20 to 25 % of the cases) were the PDR 5 get stucked completely during the burning proces - approximately after 10 to 15 %. Afterwards, I have to re-boot my computer and start all over again.

Is that the problem you are seeing as well ?
Med venlig hilsen,

Klaus
sonofacuban [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Los Angeles CA USA Joined: Jul 29, 2006 00:23 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot seen to get past burning, A 13 minute film takes over two hours to priduve titles, then at 20 percent compete if will stop responding and die. It has happened to be every day forclose to 10 months. I do not know what else to do. Rifgt now it is at 22percent burning titles. I began this opne an hour ago. This film I have been on since 9 am it is 505 pm , do you know how many times this crashed or just stopped? TEN.
I am really disappointed. I had no problems in the PD4 now PD5 just does not work. It is too sensitive, Crashes, and will not record tracks from a DVD when it use to in PD 4. Something is odd PDR.EXE is
cpu usage is at 52 percent ( only program running)
Memory usage 161,812 mb
Peak memory usage 646,116
Page faults 4,179,069

Handles 1,927
Threads61
user Objects 617
My system stats are: Intel Pentium 4, 3000 MHz
Memory 1024MB RAM
Disk Drives C, K
Video RADEON X600 Series
Internet MSIE 6.0; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727
Windows Windows XP Home SP2
Windows XP Home SP2
Full Version Windows XP Home SP2
First Install Mon May 15 2006
Free Resources 90%
Fonts Installed 199
Windows Scripting Version 5.6.0.8820
PCPitstop Version 147
CPU Load 0%
45 minutes have passed it is still at 22 percent producing titles. I bet you it will crash about now.
HELP!!!!!!!
Frank

PF Delta 15
grumpysister [Avatar]
[Post New]
When using PowerDirector 5 make sure all (hidden) processes in the background are turned off such as anti-virus, antispyware, etc. PD5 needs lots of processing power to run properly and will crash if it is having to fight with other programs. Check your cpu usuage while you are running PD5 and sometimes it will show 100%!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 30. 2006 18:09

Out of Memory!!
grumpysister [Avatar]
[Post New]
I own at least 6 video editing software programs. The reason I have so many is that I keep looking for that certain one that will speed up the burning process. When they come to carry me off in a straight jacket on the way to the mental hospital I will be mumbling something about my dvd being finished by the time I get back. By the time you have read this I probably will buy another one! Lol! Out of Memory!!
Petersen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

This file is now available at the Cyberlink home page.

Med venlig hilsen,

Klaus
grumpysister [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Petersen! Out of Memory!!
Isaacs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2006 06:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Everyone,

This file is now available at the Cyberlink home page.

The patch file certainly doesn't work for me. In now gets further before crashing, but crash it does... sigh....
mark48044 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 25, 2006 21:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to burn a video with problems like others. Although it is a large file, it's now on two hours and only at 31%. I've stopped all other programs running in the background and I have a defragged hard drive.

I want to use and like PowerDirector but it seems like there are too many drawbacks with Version 5.

I submitted a question to Cyberlink and received their answer yesterday. It was completely useless and didn't even relate to my question/problem.

I kinda wish I would have waited before upgrading to version 5. CompUSA has Adobe Photoshop Elements/Premier Elements bundle for $79, which is about what I paid for the upgrade.

I've been a PowerDirector user since version 3. It's improved since then but not sure how much I like it anymore. Think I might have to go back to version 4.

Oh well, enough venting...