Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
VHS - DVD Transfers
Babbitt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2006 15:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
While attempting to transfer some old VHS home video tapes as well as TV clips that I've collected over the years, I've noticed that the video signal will be nice and bright then suddenly go very dark then slowly return to a nice bright level.(audio is unaffected) It does not do this with my DV transfers, just from VHS tapes. I realize that if one were to attempt to copy Macrovison encoded tapes that this is to be expected but why home made tapes ? Some of these VHS tapes are copies made from 8mm video and Hi8 video transfers, some are not. Can anyone explain this phenomenon and how/if it can be eliminated ?

Dave Babbitt
JesusisReal1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Cedar Rapids IA Joined: Dec 15, 2006 23:51 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: While attempting to transfer some old VHS home video tapes as well as TV clips that I've collected over the years, I've noticed that the video signal will be nice and bright then suddenly go very dark then slowly return to a nice bright level.(audio is unaffected) It does not do this with my DV transfers, just from VHS tapes. I realize that if one were to attempt to copy Macrovison encoded tapes that this is to be expected but why home made tapes ? Some of these VHS tapes are copies made from 8mm video and Hi8 video transfers, some are not. Can anyone explain this phenomenon and how/if it can be eliminated ?

Dave Babbitt

Make sure you fistly rewin your vhs tape ff/back before play it to capture and update you a/v capture card and video card before set up the capture.
Happy new year.-soji olu Blessing