Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sony´s new AVCHD-format and PowerDVD 7 ?
Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2006 15:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I now work with the new HD-Camcorder HDR-SR1 from Sony.

It saves the videos on its internal harddisk in the new AVCHD-format which is promoted by Sony and Panasonic. Sony describes this format as "MPEG-4 H.264 AVC High Definition-Format".

In order to download a very short Test-Video, which was recorded with my new Camcorder, please click here ...

Is anyone of you, who has PowerDVD 7 Deluxe (or PowerDVD Standard with H264-Pack) able to play this testvideo ? (Perhaps you have to rename the suffix from "m2ts" to "mpg" first, so that you can open the file with PowerDVD).

Could you please inform me, if it works or not and if yes, how you have managed it ???!!!

Need really help, because I don´t have found any player for my AVCHD-files yet.

Thanks for trying and answering,
Thomas

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at Dec 21. 2006 18:58

Eizfeldt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2006 16:40 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Yes I can with Power DVD Ultra. It shows monopoly. Very goog quality.

Hope I could help!!!
Thomas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2006 15:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

WOW !!!

Thank you a lot for trying !!!!

Have you renamed the suffix or just right clicked "open with ... PowerDVD Ultra" ?

And another very important question (although the video is very short): Do you think the aspect ratio is correct (16:9) ?

Thank you again !
Thomas

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2006 06:24

Eizfeldt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2006 16:40 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I haven`t renamed it. I can also play it with windows media player. For me the aspect ratio looks correct. Good luck!!! :