Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Digital River Downloads Broken?
Wes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2009 20:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
After I purchased the software I haven't been able to download it. The digital river site just throws back "We are sorry, an unexpected error occurred processing your request. Please try again."

Anyone else having similar problems? I already sent a message to support but the form says it could be a few days before they get around to answering.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Wes,
Check the url address you have in your email - it may have been "broken down" by your mailer.

You can PM me the email contents (all of it please) make sure you send me the links, the order number and your email address.

I'll pass the details onto Customer Support to check and contact you.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Debbie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2009 07:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having a similar issue. I've tried to download 3 times with unsuccessful results. I get the message, " The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file and verify it's integrity, and try again." I"ve contacted support but really don't have days to wait on an answer. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
As above Debbie.
Debbie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oops - duplicate

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2009 13:56

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK Debbie, You should receive an email from me showing you what I've done.

In the mean time please ensure you have a wired connection and not a wireless connection when you download - sometimes the connection breaks between modem and PC and will cause a file download to finish early.

Dafydd
Debbie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Thanks for your intervention. I anxiously waiting for a reply. All my attempts to download have been over a wired connection.

Debbie
Howard Long [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2009 11:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot download either. A different error form Digital River Download Manager, "Error 403 - forbidden". I looked under the hood and the HTTP response from Digital River was saying I'd exceeded my download count (15) although I'd only tried three times. I had already managed to download about 280MB of the 600+MB.

I am struggling to get an acceptable level of response on how to resolve this. I did get a rubber stamp response this morning, but clearly it was from someone (or something) that hadn't taken the time to read my description of the problem.

I have now tried this on two networks from three PCs over three different internet connections with same response.

Here's the HTTP response FWIW:

HTTP/1.1.403.Forbidden..Date:.Wed,.18.Mar.2009.14:05:02.GMT..Server:.Apache/
2.2.8.(Unix).mod_perl/2.0.4.Perl/v5.8.0..Error-Message:.Too.many.download.at
tempts:.55..You.were.allowed.to.download.only.15.times...Error-Code:.OTHER..
X-Server-Name:.dnl01@dc1dnl02..Connection:.close..Transfer-Encoding:.chunked
..Content-Type:.text/html....115..<html><head><title>Download.Failure</title
></head><body>Sorry,<br><br>Too.many.download.attempts:.55..You.were.all
>owed
.to.download.only.15.times.<br><br>If.you.have.any.questions,.please.contact
.Digital.River.Customer.Service.at.CustomerServices@digitalriver.com.</body>
</html>

Cheers, Howard
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
PM being written to you Howard.
Dafydd
[Moderator]
rose [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2009 15:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought an ugrade and I am getting the same message. Error 403 - forbidden. I can't download the upgrade.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Rose, are you still getting the error message?
Dafydd
Igor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 06, 2009 16:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem as Rose and Howard Long - "403-Forbidden".

How have you guys resolved the issue? I tried to download about three times but the download ended abruptly (am on a wireless connection - can't be helped). Any tips would be welcome.

Regards,

Igor
Scott Anderson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2008 15:28 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem 403-forbiden

I am on a hard-wired internet connection...

Please help.
Linda B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2009 13:42 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Sort of reluctantly, I feel like I have to comment here. I had the same thing happen trying to download a purchased version of PD7 on New Year's Day. It was very frustrating to make a decision and then have a huge hassle just trying to get it to download and run! After several frustrating hours, I cancelled my order and received a refund ("forbidden" message was making me crazy!) . Then I downloaded the trial version, which worked flawlessly, and after working with it for a month, decided to reorder. This time I bought the software through Amazon, who provided a competitive price for a hard copy of the product. After a couple months now, I'm very happy with this forum for help -- quick response and great knowledge of the product. Customer support for the download part was pitiful, but Cyberlink still has my businesss, and there are alot of advanced features here that competitive products don't have. I think this forum is the lifeline....hope this is helpful.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Igor and Scott,
I've asked* CyberLink to check the link and reason why you've had difficulties? Please can you PM me the Order Number, your full name and email address. I will send the data onto CyberLink.

* I've had a request for additional information from CyberLink today.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2009 09:44

Igor [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am quite happy to wait a reasonable time to have this issue resolved. It is quite funny though that it is easier to get this software via pirated torrent than to download it legitimately.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Scott and Igor,

You will be contacted by Customer Support - they'll email you shortly.

Do you have a similar issue? This is what you should do:
Please contact Technical Support
Provide them with your Order Number, name and email address.

That's all you need do.

This issue is caused by multiple attempts to download the software and after reaching a specific number the link then "fails" for security reasons.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2009 03:44

Igor [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have now been contacted by Cyber Link - they refunded the amount in full and cancelled my order??? What gives? No explanation either other than a generic one... totally weird.
Scott Anderson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2008 15:28 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Problem fixed! Thank you! Prompt service, gotta love it!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Igor,
I'm checking/asking why etc.
Dafydd