Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 9 Ultra-Unuseable
Gildo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2009 12:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
same problem with Power DVD 9 Ultra very unstable it crashes my pc ten times already trying to play x men trilogy. really crap, I should have read this forum before buying
Ray [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 28, 2009 07:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Folks who are having problems should probably post in the PowerDVD Ultra 9 thread at AVS Forum. There is a new user named CyberlinkUSA who is offering technical support.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1125772[url]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2009 14:11

Steve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2009 20:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have been experiencing choppy playback with PowerDVD9-Ultra. At first I thought it was a driver issue and spent hours trying to sort it out. To cut a long story short I have found the problem to be anti-virus interferance. Shut the player down,disable your anti-virus. Start the playback again to confirm clean playback. I run PC-Tools spyware doctor. If anybody @ cyberlink reads these forums please sort it out!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2009 21:57

JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I was hoping by now Cyberlink would have the bugs worked out of Ultra9, but apparently not.
Will keep my Ultra 8 for now, which works providing I don't try any of the new updates.
Last time I tried an update it rendered my player and program completely useless.
Had to contact support, go through an agonizing wait period, and then get a link to completely re-install it.
Some update.
When is Cyberlink going to get it together and provide a bug free Ultra9 ??
I guess the waiting goes on and on.
AngelCyberlink [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 21:08 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm running PowerDVD 9.5 on my Windows Media Center 7 (WMC) HTPC. I like how it enhances my regular DVD movies but it's cumbersome to use in WMC7 - not easy to control. Does the HD264 Pack work in Windows Media Player on Win7? Will it enhance my DVD movies in WMP the way PowerDVD does?

Thanks! McLoving