Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 9 Ultra-Unuseable
Bignickfly [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2009 19:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdvd9 has a file that listed as a virus, It may have been remove by your Anti Virus Software. This files is CLDABCD.DLL as a Generic.dx trojan
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Bignickfly,

You can report your problem to support team.
Here is the relative FAQ.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=6877&prodId=1&prodVerId=236
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2009 17:04 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Don't expect any useful help though. They may tell you something like "Try turning off your virus protection"
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2009 00:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like we all have been burned by CL on v9. I can't get it tp go either. Customer support wants me to reinstall XP after reinstalling v9 9 times... They are worthless!
John [Avatar]
[Post New]
I smell a lawsuit...
Bignickfly [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2009 19:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Bignickfly,

You can report your problem to support team.
Here is the relative FAQ.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=6877&prodId=1&prodVerId=236

Thanks for you reply.
I don't have any problems running Powerdvd9 it works fine. I posted this info for others, So that it may assist them.

Note though via Cyberlink support, they have reported back to me that they have addressed the issue.
John [Avatar]
[Post New]
They've reported they've addressed our issues Bignickfly? Really? That'd probably be nice for them to report that to me as well through their own support system...you know...so I could fix my broken product. Hmmm....

Edit

Whoops...forgot the issue the link addressed was the virus thing...not my issue. So ignore my above post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2009 12:37

soulcollecter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2007 02:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i have problems as well it seens to have bugged dvd playback on windows media player 11. on the advanced tab for dvd some tabs have weird characters and crazy numbers. and some read fine like the pro logic tab

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2009 20:26

John [Avatar]
[Post New]
My saga continues. I demand my money back and they respond be telling me to turn my resolution down from 1920x1200 to 1080x1200 or whatever the 1080p computer resolution is. I hate them with a fiery passion. I hate them with all that hate I have in my person. I want my 50 bucks back and I never want to hear from this terrible company again.
ideaguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 25, 2008 01:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having very similar problems. I have PDVD 7.3 and have been happy with it for Blu ray in Media center. Only complaint was lack of Media center interface so i wanted PDVD 9. The media center interface and controls seem great, but I have had nothing but problems. Several discs don't play at all. Bluray isos seem hit or miss, some give an error that PDVD doesn't play this type of media, other start to play and them stop. Everything worked great in 7, just want the nice interface.
[Post New]
YOu may want a nice interface. You may want great support or your money back like John and myself.

Support just says format and reinstall. CL needs to think clearly. My advise is get on every forum you can and Let everyone know Cyberlink makes a crappy product. I have done this on many forums and even newegg and many many forums and review sites. If they don't wish to give us our money back then just say your problems, don't make up problems just be honest. Cyberlink cannot ask to ban your post if it is honest and not fabricated.

Milieu You know it has been a good day!! A very good Day. Go on lad I done.
John [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah I've been honest the entire time. This IS what's going on. I hope this thread grows 500 pages long!
John [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE: So I reformatted my computer and reinstalled Vista (32 bit). The only things I did before installing PDVD 9 were apply all the updates and install my nvidia drivers and creative drivers (along with firefox). Then I installed PDVD 9 and it worked!!! However, I then installed AVG, Comodo Firewall, speedfan, coretemp, thunderbird, and riva tuner and now I'm back to the same problems. Can anyone think of which app is causing this?
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2008 06:09 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
It's probably AVG. Try uninstalling it, then reinstalling PDVD and see if it works. If not, remove the rest of your programs one by one to see what causes the problem. Since PDVD did work on a clean system and the problem started when you added other software, it should be easy to find out what causes it by adding one program at the time.

Regards!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29. 2009 05:46

John [Avatar]
[Post New]
It wasn't AVG. I like your idea Martin but don't I only get a limited number of uses for my CD-key?
mlrandall222 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2009 10:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad everyone is trying to find a solution. However, 7.3 works perfectly for me and I have no issues, even with a bunch of programs loaded to my PC (including BeyondTV 4).

I thought Power DVD Ultra Version 9 would be a huge step up. It was an extreme disappointment as I could never get past the menu screen on a Blu-Ray DVD (always crashed). Tried 5 separate installations, including deleting version 7.3 (probably running out of activations too).

I already submitted a ticket to tech support and indicated if this problem is not fixed, I want my money back.

I wish I had read this forum first before buying. Any suggestions for alternative Blue Ray software players? Thanks!
Martin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2008 06:09 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It wasn't AVG. I like your idea Martin but don't I only get a limited number of uses for my CD-key?

I don't think so! But to make sure, you can disable your internet connection when reinstalling PDVD, so it can not phone home...

Regards!
John [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well yeah but then you can't use it. You have to put in an activation key to make Ultra work...which I need to test Blu-Ray functionality. I think you get like 15 though so I have plenty more.
John [Avatar]
[Post New]
It was Comodo Firewall!! Hope this helps someone. Comodo Firewall and PowerDVD 9 don't get along. Even though I had it set as a trusted app, something was conflicting somewhere because when I uninstalled Comodo everything worked again. Any free firewall recommendations now that I can't use Comodo?
marco [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2009 09:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Every one

I have the same problem with PowerDVD 9 Ultra.
I can not activate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Using Version 7 , and I have to say its perfect.

Please help i have reinstalled a dozen of times
Gildo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2009 12:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
same problem with Power DVD 9 Ultra very unstable it crashes my pc ten times already trying to play x men trilogy. really crap, I should have read this forum before buying