Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Combining clips
Boguy
Newbie Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2009 12:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, All...

Just captured an old VHS home movie on PD7. Came out like a charm!
PD detected over 100 scenes in the movie, and I'll be looking to set about 8 chapters, when I'm through.

While I realise detected scenes are not split from the original clip/movie, I'm wondering if there are advantages to combining some of those scenes, and how to go about it. I've searched the forum for insights, but to no avail...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2009 15:47

...The older I get, the better I was...
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Boguy
You have an option to "No,Just mark the scenes breaks" when you click scene detection button PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Boguy
Newbie Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2009 12:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick reply, Babdi! So, I just need to go back and do another "scene detect" exercise.

But is there a way to re-group some of the scenes together so as to end up with less?

RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
You could try dragging groups of related scenes you want onto the timeline and going to Produce - this will generate a file (.avi or .mpg) which combines your selected clips into a movie clip which you can save separately. Do this until you have made files of all the scenes you want. This will give you a set of clips which include only the scenes you want and exclude the rubbish. These clips can then be used for further editing if required.

Robert
Boguy
[Post New]
Thank you, Robert...

I'm saving your suggestions in my Tips folder! ...The older I get, the better I was...
scotcruz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2009 13:36 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, All...

Just captured an old VHS home movie on PD7. Came out like a charm!
PD detected over 100 scenes in the movie, and I'll be looking to set about 8 chapters, when I'm through.

While I realise detected scenes are not split from the original clip/movie, I'm wondering if there are advantages to combining some of those scenes, and how to go about it. I've searched the forum for insights, but to no avail...

boguy, how did you manage to capture from VHS?? Im doing the same thing but its a DVD Im trying to capture to avoid chapter thing.. I have leads from the DVD player to the front composite input on my pc but in PD7 I can get an option to capture.. it only gives me option of from DVD, Camorder or Webcam and Microphone only.

please advise..
Boguy
[Post New]
Hi, scotcruz...

I'm a newbie, too, and the answer I'll try to give you may not be seen by others who might want to chip in, because it'll be buried inside this thread...As such, you might want to ask your question in the general Forum also, to benefit from all! Then, again, you may already have done that! Having said that...

My understanding of the term "capture" is to convert from analog to digital. My VHS were analog tapes. Once captured, my VHS were saved on my PC as a video file(digital). Then, all I had to do is import it into the PD7 library to edit.

If you already have a DVD, I'm assuming it already is in digital format and all you would need to do is play it your PC DVD player, the one that is part of your PC tower, and save it as a video file(digital) for later import. I don't think you need PD7 to get the DVD in your computer!

Not sure if that helps...I wish I could bring your question to the general Forum from here, but I'm also a newbie like you...

Guy