Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Faulty support for PowerDVD Ultra 9
Jon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2009 15:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Just got a response from Cyberlink pertaining to the issues with PowerDVD Ultra 9. The response to all my qustions/issues with it, the response I got was "we have not checked it on our end, please check it on your end". WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???

My questions were:

- I have an HDMI soundcard (ASUS XONAR HDAV1.3) so why do I not see the HDMI option under the audio settings?
- the VMC interface locks up after stopping a movie and does not revert back to VMC
- setting the "start at beginning" works for the player but the VMC interface keeps resuming at the last point of where the movie was stopped...shouldnt this be one setting for all??

If this is what everyone complains about as far as support, now I see what you mean......POOR!
JMGNYC32 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2009 18:21 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
They are without a doubt the worst support ever. I'm having playback problems via media center and basically there reply is they don't support media center. Don't they even know their own products features?

Look at this recent ticket.

I wrote:
"I am having a problem playing DVDs in PowerDVD 9 when Vista Media Center is running.

I put a DVD in my DVD drive. Vista Media Center prompts me with a questions to either "Play in Media Center" or "Play in PowerDVD". I select PowerDVD and the media center version seems to launch fine. But when it tries to play the movie the screen is black and there's no sound other than the occassional burst of grabled sound and an occassional flash of the movie.

Oddly if I get back to the PowerDVD menu the Chapters view works fine showing thumbnails but selecting one of them goes back to a blank screen.

The same DVD plays fine in PowerDVD 9 outside of media center. It also plays fine within media center not using PowerDVD 9.

Blu-Ray works wonderfully both inside and outside media center.

The upscaling in PowerDVD 9 is so amazing I would really love to get it working for regular DVDs. "

The Replied:
"Dear Joel,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD playback issue.

Please note that you can use the PowerDVD software inside the Media Center however, if you did then it will create conflict because in every software there is decoding to co-exist with another software or version however, in PowerDVD there is no option available to use.

We request you to please launch the PowerDVD manually from Start-up to play the DVD.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink products.

Thanks and Regards
CyberLink Technical Support"

I wrote:
"You answer makes no sense to me.

You say that PowerDVD is supported within Media Center. It does install itself in Media Center and gives the option for you to play the DVD within Media Center. Then you say even though it is there you need to play the DVD outside of Media Center.

This is not a solution. A feature of the software as advertised is not working.

If you think it is caused by a conflict what can be done to track it down? "

They replied.
"Dear Joel,

Thank you for writing back.

Please note that you can not use PowerDVD in the Media Center this feature is not available.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink products.

Thanks and Regards
CyberLink Technical Support"

Squall86r [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2008 10:56 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just got a response from Cyberlink pertaining to the issues with PowerDVD Ultra 9. The response to all my qustions/issues with it, the response I got was "we have not checked it on our end, please check it on your end". WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???

My questions were:

- I have an HDMI soundcard (ASUS XONAR HDAV1.3) so why do I not see the HDMI option under the audio settings?
- the VMC interface locks up after stopping a movie and does not revert back to VMC
- setting the "start at beginning" works for the player but the VMC interface keeps resuming at the last point of where the movie was stopped...shouldnt this be one setting for all??

If this is what everyone complains about as far as support, now I see what you mean......POOR!

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/product/main.do?ProductId=1&Tab=4

read that page properly. Support will be added as cards are validated.