Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 BluRay (Disc) Playback issue
WlgSpotter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2009 01:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi:

I've recently purchased and upgraded from a bundled PDVD7 version to PDVD9 Ultra, Installed fine, managed to activated it OK on my system. However, when I treied playing a BluRay Disc (The Mummy), you'll see the disc loads until about 24% then PDVD9 just quits unexpectedly. I seem to be able to play a divx video file OK, but my BluRay disc can't be played, which is the main pupose I bought PDVD9 in the first place.

My CPU is the AMD AM2/X2 4800+, 2GB RAM, running XP SP3, and graphics card in the Palit nVidia 9400GT with 512MB RAM, therefore my graphics card supports hardware acceleration.

Anyone knows what could be wrong?

Thanks.
Ryerson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2009 02:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having similar, but far more severe problems. After installing PDVD9 ultra, My Blu-Rays were working barely. I uninstalled 7 to avoid conflcts, and now my PDVD says that my new and never changed region on the BD-RE Drive cannot be set. AQlso, h.264 files from a Hauppauge HD-PVR will only play audio, not video. Those are the 2 reasons I built my computer...

I am in discussions with Cyberlink support.

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Asus P5QL-E
GEiL 4GB DDR2-1066
Hitachi 1TB HDD
LG GBW-H20L
Palit Radeon HD4850 512MB
Asus Xonar D2X
Corsair HX-520W
Silverstone LC16B-MR HTPC Case
Lucio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2009 11:32 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
same exact problem here ... only i get about 23% and nothing happens
Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2009 18:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Similar problem but completely hangs the computer during the "Blu-ray is loading" process.
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2009 23:06 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I can't play Blu-Ray either. I get the Choose Region box four or five times despite making my choice each time and then the 80040154 error message comes up and that's that.

PDVD Ultra 9 is the most buggy released software I've ever used.
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2009 15:21 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all. I'm having the same issue; blu-ray disk loads and usually aborts after 40% loading. I've been on the phone with Cyberlink support on several occasions and the last bit of advice they gave me was to update my Geforce video driver to the latest version. I have a Sony VAIO notebook, Model VGN-AR770CU and it has a NVIDEA 8600M GT video card. The latest driver still hasn't rectified the problem. Time to call Cyberlink support again!
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2009 23:06 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
See my previous post. I hadn't seen the thread on this specific issue. It's a recognised bug which Cyberlink are working on and a workaround is to start PDVDU9 as Administrator (if in Vista). Worked for me.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 16. 2009 19:53

morenoa0922 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2009 14:31 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I finaly activated my PowerDVD 9 Uttra today and have the same problem. it unexpectedly quits when "loading" I have Vista 32 and I am usine the administrator user. It doesn't help.

Saddly enough, I think it may be time to ask for a refund... unless someone have found the way to fix this problem
[Post New]
I haven't had a problem with a disc yet, but I also only have newer discs. I have several videos in H.264 that I made from Laser Discs using Hauppauge HD-PVR and they play fine.

Have you tried playing with Hardware Acceleration settings?