Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with PowerDVD Ultra 9.....Cyberlink are you listening??
Jon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2009 15:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Just installed it and have found the following errors/issues (hopefully Cyberllink is listening and will fix this stuff):

- when it is set to play movies from the beginning, this works fine within the player, but the VMC interface doesnt follow suit. It continues where the movie was stopped. Need to make the setting affective for BOTH.

- when playing back an ISO of a DVD, I get a "unsupported format" error, but the movie is actually playing behind the error! Dont know whats up with that one!

- the VMC interface has problems reverting back to VMC after a movie is stopped. It either hangs or if it does close, it goes to your desktop where you can see VMC below, but it never opens.

- when an ISO is started and when navigating through any of the DVD menus, 50% of the time it is impossible to click on or select anything because the highlighted item/curser is constantaly jumping around and does not stay where you have moved it to.

One last item is in regards to the audio. Currently there is only one soundcard that is supported for HD audio. Will there be any support for other HD soundcards, etc (i.e. ASUS XONAR HDAV1.3)??
And why not provide the customer with ALL the sound codecs available to include HD audio and not force us to purchase "add on packs"??? If Cyberlink wants to gain customers that curretntly use Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater, etc that already has this as a package deal, include EVERYTHING.

Final question....when will DTS Master Audio be supported?

I have sent this same info/questions in to tech support so hopefully we can get some answers.
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Jon,

I think you can contact your issue to support team.
And provide your system info to them.

JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Definitely will NOT be upgrading to PowerDVD Ultra 9 until they get all of the bugs and issues resolved.
I have yet to hear anybody say anything POSITIVE about this new release, which is just PATHETIC.

Please get this fixed and get it together Cyberlink!!
Jon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2009 15:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Daisuke

Already have. Appreciate it.
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2009 21:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Did they completely remove the audio presets (equalizer)?

Also, "Audio Output Mode" can no longer be changed without going into the settings. It was available in "more functions" window before.