Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HELP - TIMELINE DISAPPEARED
Deewilson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2009 10:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I had just finished editing a video and I had 2 1/2 hours all edited. I have been saving this regularly. I was getting ready to burn it this morning, and my phone rang. I walked away and when I came back all my videos are in my library, but the timeline is wiped out clean! Is there anyway to get that back? I went to my back up file and it was the same way. I really hate to go back and redo this entire video. Any ideas???? I am using PowerDirector 7.0 Ultra on Vista 64 bit. I have not rebooted the computer in hopes I may find it somewhere. PLEASE HELP, I'm ready to cry
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Have you condensed the timeline down - shrunk it too much?
Position the cursor above the video time line and a blue clock with arrows pointing in both directions will appear as the cursor.
Click and hold and move the mouse/cursor to the right.

What happens when you do that?

What displayed in the preview window when you returned to view it?

What kb size is the bak file and the saved pds file?

I am just guessing here and cant see why a project would disappear in the fashion you have described.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2009 13:25

Deewilson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2009 10:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I tried that without succsess. I even went as far as to pay the $29.95 for support, because I was desperate - no luck My backup file got wiped out and is only 72kb. I asked support why it would happen and his response was "well sometimes it does" - wow gives me a lot of faith in this program. I just bought this program and am not overly impressed that it did that on me. I will be backing it up every 15 minutes now!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I asked support why it would happen and his response was "well sometimes it does" - wow gives me a lot of faith in this program.

Hi, Can I have the support number on that reply please? I'll refer it to CyberLink etc. Please PM me the info.

Thanks

Dafydd
[Moderator]