Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Finished DVD's produced with PowerDirector 6.00 won't play on my computer
Kathy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2008 16:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm pretty ignorant about various DVD file formats. I produced a couple of DVD's using PowerDirector6, using the "default" .MPEG2 format. They worked great when I previewed them after creating my menu page, so I burned them to DVD's. They won't play back on my computer. The menu page comes up, but I can't select any of the chapters, and just clicking on the "play" button" doesn't do any good, either. (I tried to play them on PowerDVD; it seems they should at least be compatible with a play-back program made by the same company?!?)

The one I tried on a friend's DVD player attached to their TV worked; why won't it work on my computer?

Did I produce them in the wrong format? As I said above, I'm totally in the dark about all the format options I was given in Step 2 of the "Produce" mode: .AVI, .MPEG1, .MPEG2, .DivX, Portable.MPEG4, and AVC.MPEG4. I've tried looking at the help files, but there are so many terms there that I don't understand that they (the help files) were not very helpful!

As a general rule, I have no problems with computer technology, and am often able to help others "bail out"; it's just this DVD stuff that has me totally stumped. (We don't own a DVD player, other than the ones on our computers, and rarely watch any kind of DVD's.

What do I do? Where do I go to find answers? We have an extremely slow dial-up Internet connection (26400bps max, usually slower) so trying to do any Internet-based research is frustratingly slow.

I would really appreciate any help someone out there with more knowledge along these lines could give me!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 03. 2009 11:45