Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Program stalls while making clips
faenwyn
Newbie Location: Louisiana Joined: Jul 13, 2006 11:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I know that they are not REAL clips but markers of some sort, still if too many CLIPS are made it stalls the program and makes it unresponsive. Does anyone know why or how to fix it?
Henderson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2006 04:14 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I dont understand what you are asking are you talking about burning finished project to disk or file?? Cheers Frank
[Post New]
I was having the same problem and I installed 2 gb ram which solved most of the hang ups.

Jim D
The Phil
Newbie Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Joined: Jul 13, 2006 15:03 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I was having the same problem and I installed 2 gb ram which solved most of the hang ups.

Jim D

I have 1 gig of ram and a 512 of ram...maybe I should get another gig to replace the 512..... Do you think it would make that much of a difference cause I'm having those same issues of stalling when there are lots of clips in the editing track. I may not be god, but I'm damn good!
JACK [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Korea Joined: Jul 13, 2006 11:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
[b]it will help a lot if yuor Mainboard supports dual memory w/ thesame type, size, speed & maker
faenwyn
Newbie Location: Louisiana Joined: Jul 13, 2006 11:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
No, it does not help! I have over 2 gigs of RAM and over 600 gigs of hard drive space. My processor runs hot enough to need an air-conditioner! This IS top of the line Dell and still it will not trim more than 100 megs of footage at a time without stalling. I guess that it just does not work with large files.

I put a 36 gig file into Sony Vegas and it did not stall. This should be able to handle more than 2 gigs at a time, shouldn't it?
MikiMouse [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St. Louis Joined: Jul 13, 2006 23:01 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Would you say more about your problem? Are you trying to trim a single large file (how big?)?
anders [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2006 06:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have same problems
file sice 1.9Mb- clips thats all.
Never solved the problem, wrote support about it several times around a year ago...
anders [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2006 06:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
just checked..
I asked on the 25th of march 2005...
they answered:
Yes it is normal for that it takes 15 min for a normal video
My question was:
is it normal that the program hangs for 15 min IF I adjust a clip of 15 seconds... (not talking about producing ot burning, but just forexample moving the curser)
I think they can't read.. or maybe don't understand English...
I have one Gb Ram, 3.2Mb Intel processor, 256Mb on the videocard. and 250Gb Harddisc (100Gb free) + a 80Gm hardisc that is half full.