Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Compatible With Sony HDR-SR11
jadyx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2009 16:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased a Sony HDR-SR11 camcorder and I am looking for video editing software. Looking at buying PD7 but my HD Camcorder isn't listed as a supported AVCHD camcorder on the Cyberlink website. Is that just because the website isn't updated enough to list this camcorder or will PD7 not work with my camcorder? I am hoping to publish movies to both DVD and Blu-ray discs as I own an LG Blu-ray burner. Is PD7 what I need? Thanks.
[Post New]
Download the trial and see what you think.

PD has problems with AVCHD rendering and SVRT for AVCHD but is has great features and is easy to use. Two work arounds for AVCHD rendering quality is to use GPU rendering or render to Blu-ray mpeg2. These preserve good quality in my experience.
Unfortunately all the NLEs I have tried don't do a good job of downscaling to standard definition DVD.
PD also lets you make AVCHD DVDs which are playable on many Blu-ray players and is much cheaper than blu-ray media.
jadyx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2009 16:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much for the information, I downloaded the demo and will give it a try.
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Jadyx,

Please post again how you made out as I have a Sony HDR-SR12 and have been testing PD7 as well.

It's close to being what I want at the moment. Not quite as flexible or with as many bells and whistles as Pinnacle Studio 12, but it does render AVCHD Files using CUDA on my EVGA GTX 260 Video Card which reduces rendering (transcoding) times.

This is going to be a tough choice... Regards,

Jim

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card