Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create disc initializing error (Error code: -5)
Maxim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2006 05:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everybody,

Using PowerDirector (5.00.1816) I’m always getting the “Create disc initializing error (Error code: -5)” error poped-up when click on the “Create Disc” tab.

What can be wrong? I found a similar topic here, but there was a -7 error. They speak about some version conflicts of smth...

No idea how to fix in my case.. I applied patch DIEGO0724 (“This patch only applies to end-users who use Create Disc function of the program and can not hear the music added with MagicMusic on the DVD that created. (For the PowerDirector 5 build number 1816)”) but it didn’t help (just thought that if it touches Create Disc there may be some other fix(es) not just sound one).

Thanks in advance,

Max.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hey everybody,

Using PowerDirector (5.00.1816) I’m always getting the “Create disc initializing error (Error code: -5)” error poped-up when click on the “Create Disc” tab.

What can be wrong? I found a similar topic here, but there was a -7 error. They speak about some version conflicts of smth...

No idea how to fix in my case.. I applied patch DIEGO0724 (“This patch only applies to end-users who use Create Disc function of the program and can not hear the music added with MagicMusic on the DVD that created. (For the PowerDirector 5 build number 1816)”) but it didn’t help (just thought that if it touches Create Disc there may be some other fix(es) not just sound one).

Thanks in advance,
Max.

Hi Max,

Contact Tech Support and specifically say what version of PowerDirector you are using and you would like the update patch to build v2112 (it's a 20+mb download).

You will be sorted - post when you've got it.

Dafydd
Maxim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Hi Max,

Contact Tech Support and specifically say what version of PowerDirector you are using and you would like the update patch to build v2112 (it's a 20+mb download).

You will be sorted - post when you've got it.

Dafydd

I have forwarded my request to support. No response yet..
Maxim [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Where can I get the update you mentioned? Support still keeps silence..

Max.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Dafydd,
Where can I get the update you mentioned? Support still keeps silence..
Max.

Hi Max,

I have referred your request to CyberLink. It isn't up to me to release CL patches etc. I've also sent you a PM.

Dafydd