Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smartfit option
Ajay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2009 07:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I am using powerdirector 7ultra. My problem is that when I try to burn a 5gb video to a 4.7gb dvd disc, the SmartFit technology compresses the entire project to 2.3gb. Surely this is an unnescessary reduction in quality (surely SmartFit should use the entire available disc space). Is there someting I'm missing?
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St Helens, Merseyside, UK Joined: Jul 23, 2007 14:08 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Ajay

Daft question, but are you shure that you selected smart fit? That compression looks more like LP.

Tom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2009 16:45

WilliamI [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2008 01:05 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Smartfit isn't very smart. It will quickly switch to an LP render and cut the video frame size down as well as use a low bitrate. Since you can't adjust the compression settings when Producing you are stuck rending to file and creating a custom profile there. Doing that you can simply adjust the bitrate a little lower to make your content fit on a DVD. Simplest way to do this is create a copy of the DVD HQ profile and adjust that. Remember to save some room for menus. Once you have a file the size you need load it into a new project and produce the DVD selecting DVD HQ as the profile. SVRT should kick in and just copy your content to the DVD folder. Intel Core 2 Quad, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Vista 64 bit, ATI Radeon HD 3850, Canon HF100
Ajay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2009 07:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, I'verendered the file to 4.3gb in size under the production function. Try creating disc under dvd hq and still compresses back to 2.3gb in size. I am 100% sure that i'm selecting the dvd hq function. Trying smartfit, gives the same compression setting. This is getting very frustrating - feels like I wasted my money on this product- I've used products that were probably half the price whose output quality was perfect.

Why even have a function called smartfit that doesn't even work.