Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power director just shuts down abut 3/4 of the way thru burn
Joe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2009 16:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Can anyone help with this problem. Even the express version worked better than this. I have wasted about 6 dvd's so far. I have tried even the slowest speed. I even went out and bought another dvd burner. Still no luck. Its not hanging at the same spot. With my orginal burner it maded about 60 percent . When I change the recording speed it makes it a little further. With the new one its up over 75 percent when it fails.

Any help would be much appreciated

Joe
pat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2009 15:40 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have also experienced the same thing. I ended up having to using different software to burn my video. I complained but just told to pay for an upgraded version of the Cyberlink software.
Joe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2009 16:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanx for the input. My only problem is I have a jvc camcorder and as far as i know this is the only prog that will work with it because of the lousy (.mod). Chock up another legal rip off for the rich man
pat [Avatar]
[Post New]
not to worry. I just started playing around with the extension and manually changed them all to .MPG. It seemed to work. I ended up saving the video clips to an external hard drive and downloaded them to a newer laptop I had where I used a Microsoft software to burn it. Yes, a couple times it crashed but eventually I was able to burn it. See if they may work for you.
pat [Avatar]
[Post New]
By the way there are also other work-arounds...I downloaded a "try-me" version of Nero and they talked me through the process of the .mod extensions...though easier to just manually change the extensions as indicated in previous response.
Donna [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2009 21:37 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I also am having problems burning a DVD with Power Cinema...which came bundled with my JVC camera. It worked ONCE and since then it goes through all the steps of Authoring, and then when it starts to burn, it stops and says Error: EOFD0005. Anyone else get this error?

Cyberlink support told me to uninstall Cyberlink DVD Solution. I have NO program with that name, so I sure can't uninstall it. ....it sure is frustrating.

Is there any other way to load your videos onto the computer without using their software? ...because it seems to suck.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Donna,
If you've used a different disc writing software on your system you may have caused a conflict.

I use PD7.

The support instruction was not helpful to say the least - giving you the wrong software package/references.

Please go back to support and specifically state what CyberLink software you have installed and where it was obtained from. Support can only respond to the information you provide.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
geoffrey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2009 10:30 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
try letting the computor do the work set the program to create disc etc then in sert disc in drive . STOP do NOT press burn wait till computor window popup asking to burn in widows Close this by the x
then if no window popsup still wait a few minets then press burn
pinchas klimash [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2009 14:21 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
i have the PD8 and have the problem whith burn . i make produse and after this i burn and this sucsesful (my english not so good -sorry)