Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trim crashes in 2519
WilliamI [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2008 01:05 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Can someone please test the Trim funtion on PD7 2519? Just add a single clip to a blank project, drag it to the timeline, click the trim button, move each slider some and click OK. I'm crashing every time regardless of the size or type of the source clip. Multi-Trim works fine. I just want to hear that it's working for someone else before I go through the chicken dance stock response I got from support. Intel Core 2 Quad, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Vista 64 bit, ATI Radeon HD 3850, Canon HF100
Davec_Surrey_UK
Newbie Location: Surrey Joined: Feb 07, 2009 05:37 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm the exact same behaviour, it also does not seem to matter what type of input file I use.

Definite bug, in fact you simply cannot trim a clip with the trim function, even if you load it and only drag the end slide to shorten the clip then click ok. Multitrim does indeed work fine, perhaps the easiest way for them to fix it is to remove the "Trim" tab altogether and simply leave the Multitrim for a less cluttered interface. If I had been designing it I wouldn't have bothered having a Multi trim AND a trim, bit pointless.

Hope this saves you time with support.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2009 10:54

Intel Quad Core, NV 8800GT, Vista (32bit), Canon Powershot TX1. Editing 1280x720 (p) NTSC 30 fps motion jpeg in .avi container....to AVCHD DVDs for Blu Ray playback
WilliamI [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2008 01:05 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you David. That will save me a LOT of time. Just wish support would have at least tried the very, very concise simple steps to reproduce the problem. Oh well, off to support I go. Intel Core 2 Quad, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Vista 64 bit, ATI Radeon HD 3850, Canon HF100
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
This is at least the second bug associated with this build. The other is the stuttering of pictures when making a slideshow.

I've decided to go back to the build which was released in November (I forgot the build number). I like to save the patches in case you have to revert to a known to be working version. I guess the moral of the story is if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know I can't replicate the problem on my system PD 2519 at either aspect ratio with .mp4 .avi .mpg files.

System specs
XP MCE
Athlone 64X2 4600+ 2.4GHz 3GB RAM Radeon X1600 SATA 1x 500GB 1x 320GB

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Works fine for me.

Robert
Wulfie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2009 13:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Howdy, I just got the program couple days ago. I like it accept for my "Trim" crash problem.Latest PD 7 patch is installed.

Same problem here. Any type of single or multiple trim causes a crash.

What we have to do is start listing exact specs of system builds and Vista versions. It obviously works on some not on others.

I forget how you list out sys specs and paste it to a post. I've beeen out of computer stuff for a while.

Reinstalling program couple times does nothing.
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
I did as suggested in 1st post. No problem absolutely. I use WIN XP64.
I presume it could be a problem with Vista. Vista, unfortunately behaves differently on different computers

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 14. 2009 00:06

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2009 14:52 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here with the trim feature. Crashes every time. I have Vista and did a system restore back to the previous version and things work fine. Probably won't update patches anymore unless having problems.
Redtailnut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2009 19:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Same here simple trim crashes PD7 Ultra rv 2519
New user so to loose such a basic item is not very impressive

DCore Turionx2 4GB ATI 3650
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
OK, This issue as WilliamI will confirm is being investigated by R&D and they are having difficulty in replicating the issue.

As William has been the only one to make available a project where this is taking place perhaps a few more can "volunteer" - that means you, you and you . All volunteers please send me a PM and reference the title:
Re:Trim crashes in 2519
and
the url in the first line of your PM'd reply:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5718.page
please.

I will send you data and links.

Please select: File > Export > Pack Project Materials > create a new folder.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2009 12:28

Andy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2009 01:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem when i'm editing with PD7.System crashes when using trim.Can however use multi trim without the crash.

Have sent requested details away to support and am now awaiting fix.
Hopefully!

Am using the latest version of PD7 with patch installed on a Dell XPS 1530 laptop running vista 32bit
Redtailnut [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: OK, This issue as WilliamI will confirm is being investigated by R&D and they are having difficulty in replicating the issue.

As William has been the only one to make available a project where this is taking place perhaps a few more can "volunteer" - that means you, you and you . All volunteers please send me a PM and reference the title:
Re:Trim crashes in 2519
and
the url in the first line of your PM'd reply:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5718.page
please.

I will send you data and links.

Please select: File > Export > Pack Project Materials > create a new folder.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Info sent to support
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
I have a TEST FIX which I need tested and reported back on please.

Please download the Trim fix - click here

Only apply the fix if you have a trim issue.

The zip file contains installation instructions. The fix was provided by R&D at CyberLink.

Please report here your findings - thank you.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 16. 2009 13:25

Redtailnut [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

Have run a quick test on the fix and seems to have cured the problem

I'll let you know if I have any other ill effects.

thanks,

Mike
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Mike,

I just need a few others to test and confirm, then it's a "go" on that fix.

Dafydd
Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 23, 2009 14:52 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I tested it on a couple videos and it seems to work fine. Thanks for your good work on this.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tim for the feedback, much appreciated.

Dafydd
Andy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2009 01:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

My crash problem in trim seems to have resloved itself without the fix.
Have no idea why, so i'm a bit reluctant to test your fix at this time.

If applying your fix will do no harm then i"ll give it a go.

Thanks to R and D for attention to this matter

Andy
Gerald [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2008 13:59 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Dafydd,

In attempting to use your "trim fix" I get a "...failed to start because ctlfactory.dll was not found. ..."

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 64b. Have version 7.0.2519 PD installed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all your support on the forum.

Jerry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 03. 2009 15:14