Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Music to fit pictures timeline
Jaqueline [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2009 17:26 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Now, I'm in the right forum, my problem is that when I put in my own music to a picture DVD, It dosen't fit the lenght of the pictures, someone told me that I can only do that or put in a piece of music long enough to fit the whole thing, well, dosen't seem to be any music that lasts 7 or 8 minutes unless I use Smartsound..so, does anyone know of private music that is very long?
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Smartsound is an excellent choice. But just one song for 7-8 minutes might be too much of anything.
Can you use 2 songs?
Can you use one song, find a good chop-off point, and splice the song?
Have you joined SeeMyWorld? Lots of music there, FREE! Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jaqueline,

If you join seemyworldonvideo.com and look at these pages

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/pages/extras-news-items.html
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/pages/extras-tools.html

you will find links to royalty free music and music available under the creative commons license.

Maybe some of these will do the job for you.

CC licenses usually require at least an acknowledgement of the artist/source but otherwise are OK for non commercial use.

Cheers
Adrian

EDIT
BOOM BOOM - Once again we agree Barry - maybe you type quicker than me?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 08. 2009 13:24

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Jaqueline [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the fast reply, will try it for sure
Jaqueline [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey! Barry, what happens when you slice a song?
Jaqueline [Avatar]
[Post New]
I mean splice

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2009 13:36

Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Sometimes a piece of music is just a wee bit too short. You need to listen to the song over and over, and find a chorus, or other part you can repeat. You must cut it in places that fall on a beat. Then copy-paste-whatever to make it sound as if there is no disruption. Not easy, but not impossible. It takes a little finesse. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Jaqueline [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks so much