Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best way to Burn A DVD
Brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2009 11:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using PD for a while but I don't often burn DVD's. Usually i just produce a file.

I am looking for a configuration that would allow my DVD Burning to be the fastest it can.

Currently I am trying to Burn a DVD that is almost completely full. It takes about 45 minutes to do so.

Is this normal?

I am not sure if I should produce a file first under the "produce" tab. Currently I go straight from editing to burning and a majority of the time is spend "producing titles"

also, does the option to create a DVD folder have anything to do with the process, specifically If I am making multiple copies?

Any help would be great.

Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
45 minutes is not that bad for a big project. If you "burn" to a folder only, it should go faster, then use that folder to burn a DVD using a burning program such as Power2Go. It will tear thru a DVD folder.
You can also render your file as an MPEG2, then create the DVD.
The short answer is...burning a DVD from the editing file is probably the slowest way, but it works, usually. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
[Post New]
Barry is right on.

Most of the "producing titles" time is likely in rendering to the computer's work file that will be used to burn the disk. If you need multiple copies, once you have a good copy that does what you want, you can use whatever CD/DVD burning program that came with your computer to make additional copies.

On my 2 latest that is Roxio Creator 9, on my older machine it was Sonic's Record Now. Both of those allow me to copy any non copy protected disk I have.

But the better DVD burning programs will do what Barry mentioned, burn from a folder created by something else (like Power Director) and literally fly through it.