Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing A File to a specific size
Scott Anderson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2008 15:28 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have captured many VHS tapes onto my HD in a mpeg2 format with Pinnacle Studio using their Dazzle DVC-100. I captured them using a high quality DVD setting of 6000kbs.

Some of the VHS tapes were long and others were short which effected the actual output size of the files. I have files from 1GB to 6GB.

My goal is to put more than 1 VHS captures on one DVD.

I know that I have to change the bitrate for the captures in order to do this. But I wonder if there is some way I can enter my edited file size and figure out what I need to set the bitrate to in order to meet my file size requirement of either DVD5 or DVD9.

Again, I want to be able to set my final output file size for the produce phase I go through with Cyberlink Director 7.

Thanks,

P.S. Any tips, suggestions, questions, and even comments are always welcome!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Please give yourself a user name, then join SeeMyWorldOnVideo (it's free) and download the bitrate calculator from the Extras for Editors page

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Scott Anderson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2008 15:28 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I made an account... I cannot find the bitrate calculator, could you post a direct-link to the download page?

Thanks
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Give yourself a user name

The Bitrate calculator is on the Extras-TOOLS page about halfway down

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots