Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing a video
Vidz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2009 00:09 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone, am kinda new to this so please bear with me.

I just finished editing a couple of HD videos and want to produce it into a video file, however i am unsure which file type to use that would give me the best picture quality.

Ive tried AVI, MPEG2, MPEG1, but there seem to be a drop in picture quality. The AVC(MPEG4) one produces the file in m2ts format which is not supported by any of my players.

Does anyone have any idea what i should do?

Would really appreciate it.

OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
There are some CODECs available that will help your players play the M2TS files if you wanted to go that direction.

Have you tried the HD WMV format? Its a form of AVI and doesn't render fast but usually has decent quality.

As has been discussed in some other threads, bitrate is the single biggest factor in final quality, regardless of format. Whichever format you choose you want the most bitrate possible, up to the point it creates files bigger than you or your PC can handle or burn. You have to find the proper balance point for the bitrate.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2009 14:24

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.