Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Return to Menu and Chapters
Brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2009 11:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to make Power director 7 play a chapter then return to the disk menu.

Thanks for any help
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Brian,

No, not currently in PD7 2429a or any previous release.

Jeff
Shotgun [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2009 21:36 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, JL. I was wondering the same thing, actually. I am new to PD7 and am enjoying the DVDs I am able to create. However, I am greatly disappointed that I can't hit my "Menu" button on my remote and have the DVD go back to the menu. If I have a menu on my DVD, why can I only get to it when I first insert the DVD into my player? This seems like a major oversight to me.

Other than that, I think PD7 is a great tool and I am happy with the results.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Shotgun,

Your DVD remote "top menu" key should return to the home page of the PD7 DVD. From this you can "play all" or "chapters" and then to a particular chapter if you wish. When that chapter is played it will just play the next chapter and not return to the DVD home page. The question was, can PD7 automatically create a DVD that returns to the home page menu after a chapter is played. The answer to this is currently no.

Jeff
Shotgun [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2009 21:36 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm...well, I've tried my DVDs in two different DVD players, and neither of them will return to the menu once the DVD begins to play. Could there be a burn setting in PD7 that is causing this behavior?

Thanks!
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Different remote controls behave differently, and I think this is one of those seemingly simple issues that is a lot more involved than it may appear. There may be another button on the remote that will do the trick, such as "return", "exit", etc. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Didi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2009 12:21 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem too, while the DVD is playing, when I hit the "Menu" button on my Pioneer remote control, it could not return to main menu of the DVD.

But this happen only on some DVD created by PD7. I could not figure out which situation it work and which it doesn't ???

I am sure that button work for all commercial movie DVD.