Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rolling subtitles
Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2009 05:12 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to have subtitles run as a single stream of horizontal text along the bottom of the frame? I am new to PD7 but had this functionality in Pinnacle Studio 9.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark,
Don't think you can do rolling subtitles, using the subtitle facility, but you can using the title room and applying the chosen position, motion etc to the title.

Choose T tab, pick a template, say business001, drag to title track, double click, choose motion tab (snowflake/star), apply begin and end effects, scroll left or whatever..

Use the other tabs for text formatting etc.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Mark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks! I was hoping to stream about 10 lines of text across the screen over a couple mins. Does the title method you mentioned allow this, or is it animating a single line of text?
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Don't know the limits of a single line of text (it's quite long tho') , trial and error maybe?

Or you could have 10 separate titles each with their own text following one after another adjusted to the main video as required?

cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Mark [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. I'll give it a go.