Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How much computer power do I need?
Matthew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 23, 2008 14:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I really have enjoyed editing with PowerDirector7. Each time I create I add another wrinkle. When I tried using the green screen effect with a pip, the video fell behind the audio. I am sure this is because of the lack of computing power I have available. How much do I need to use all of the programs functions?
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Video rendering is about the most intense thing a computer can do. There is never enough power.

Ideally, you need fast hard disks, fast video, lots of RAM, and lots of CPU power to go with those.

What is your system now?
Operating System
RAM
Hardisk
Video Card
Processor

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
I've been at this for years. Now I am using
a lowly Core2Duo 1.6 on a laptop
integrated graphics and 2 gig of memory. It works.
This is really a bare minimum. But, I can do anything except hi def, if you're gonna go hi def, buy the most computer you can possibly afford.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 14. 2009 12:12

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
[Post New]
Hi Matthew,

Here's a link to the recommended power and requirements as far as hardware is concerned. But as most people have said, the more power your computer can muster, the better.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/product/main.do?ProductId=4&lang=en_US