Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to stop time line after video is done I have looked everywhere
Joseph [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2009 18:13 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
My movie is done but it keeps playing on into a black screen. My 5 min video is going on forever even after I produce it. Can anyone please tell me how to make an end to the video. I have been learning this software for days without a problem, but for some reason I can't figure this out and could not find it in the help files.
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]

I'd guess you have an audio track or something going out beyond the master track. The video does'nt end until all of the tracks end.
Joseph [Avatar]
[Post New]
Audio track stops with video I have a fade out but the bar just keeps going and going. Nothing but a black on the preview and the work space.
I pulling my hair out looking for some marker to scroll to the left to stop it. Even if I produce it once the move is over WMP just plays a black screeen with no sound or video.
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Joseph

Try putting a black colour board at the end of your movie and fade into that.

Robert
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Joseph,

You wrote:

My movie is done but it keeps playing on into a black screen.

I’ve had this happen before. And Walker is right, you have something in one of your PIP or Audio tracks in the timeline after the end of your project. Perhaps you trimed something and a small (maybe only 00:05 seconds) clip or image is hidden and lingering there some where.
Try expanding your time line as far as it will go, (so a very small clip will “look” bigger”, and starting at the end of your project, slide through the remaining time line to see if you can visually spot a little snippet somewhere, and then delete it.
Perhaps if you right click “Sellect All” on each of those tracks, you may be able to spot it easier, as it will be highlighted. Once you’ve spotted it, make a note of it’s time/location, de-select all, and just delete that one remnant clip.
Dafydd has a post on this with a quick fix, but I can’t remember it’s title, or the quick fix.
But unless you have a major glitch going on, the reason your vid keeps playing is that PD considers that hidden clip to be your intended end of your project, and it just assumes you intended to have a lengthy black screen running until reaching that final clip.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with the others. Whenever this has happened, I've found I had something way out to the right on the Video track that I just needed to delete and then it ends where you expect it to. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Joseph [Avatar]
[Post New]
That was it! Thanks so much I would have never found that it was so small.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The easiest way to catch this that I know of is go to movie mode (page down key) and then hit the end key. This will always go to the last piece of info on your timeline.

Jeff
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent tip JL! Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Posted on the forum somewhere is the below image. Info applies to Pip and audio.

Dafydd
[Thumb - sduk031.gif]
 Filename
sduk031.gif
[Disk]
 Description
PD6 post - applies to PD7+
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
176 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2009 05:47

TulareJoe777 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tulare, Ca Joined: May 06, 2009 17:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
this also happened to me - there was a title box way over to the right beyond the end of the project. It also caused it to take 5 1/2 hours to burn the DVD because it had to burn an extra 1/2 hour of nothing until it reached that box. Joe