Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burned DVD playback issue.
Jay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 20:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So I burned a DVD today, and when I play it on my computer's DVD player, it's fine - fits the screen well and the subtitles can be read clearly.

When I put it in my home DVD player - Playstation or other - the picture is too large for the screen - the top and bottom of it are cut off about a half inch into the picture - the subtitles are unreadable.

What gives?

Thanks in advance.
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2007 19:22 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
You didn't say what type of TV? Is it a wide screen or standard. Wide screen televisions have a aspect ratio of 16x9 and standards have a aspect ratio of 4x3.

So, when you burn a video DVD you have to make sure your aspect ratio is the same as what TV you're going to playback on. This also goes for the original source material and the final converted material. The only way to get around this is to crop or fill or totally resample.

A great example of this is trying to put a 16x9 movie on a 4x3 TV. It will be chopped off.

Not sure if this all applies to you........just a guess.