Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder shows incorrect mouse cursor?
Julez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2017 10:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm using PowerDirector Ultimate v 15.0.2820.0 - it's a great program, but I've a problem when screen recording (using the provided screen recording tool) from a browser...

The mouse cursor always shows as an arrow in the recordings, other cursor shapes, e.g. the pointing hand (when over a link) do not show - the cursor appears as an arrow instead. This happens in Chrome and IE and Firefox

I'd be really gratefull if anyone has ideas/suggestions as to how to get the screen recorder to properly show the actual mouse cursor as it appears on the screen.

Thanks in advance

Julez

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2017 10:42

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Julez -

As far as I know, there is no setting in CL Screen Recorder to allow it to record all the "subtle" cursor changes... crosshairs, pointing hands etc. WYSIWYG.

More advanced recorders, like Camtasia, will do what you require.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Cursors.png]
 Filename
Cursors.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
59 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2017 14:29

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Julez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2017 10:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Tony,

Thanks so much for this tip and some great advice too!

I've opened a ticket with Cyberlink, hopefully they can issue a patch for this.

Meanwhile, if anyone else needs to capture the actual mouse cursor it might also be worth trying OBS.

Cheers

Julez