Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Gaps in clips
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2009 04:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I've scanned through loads of posts and couldn't see this problem. After many years of using Studio 9 I have had a new machine that came with version 7. I have imported 3 video files that I dragged to the timeline to produce one video. However there is a split second pause between the videos. I have tried dragging each section across to the previous one but I cant get rid of it. Any body have any ideas, never had this issue with studio.
thanks

Dave
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dave,
First thing would be to make sure your version is updated with the latest patch, but I don't know exactly how you do that with a bundled version. I'm sure others will advise.

You don't say whether this 'pause' happens on final produced videos or on preview?

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2009 04:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry just in the preview at the moment I just figured it would be on the finished version as well may give it a try. As for the patch I'll have a look I'm pretty certain it did a check for updates when I first tried it out but I'll check again thanks
[Post New]
Hi Dave,

The preview mode doesn't always represent what you will see in the final product of your production. If you're using hi-def clips, sometimes you'll see jittery video, or other odd things in preview mode. Try "producing" the clips as a playable clip to see if you still experience the gaps.

What type of video clips did you import? It's possible that PD7 has a problem with working with a particular type of file format. Also, make sure that you are running your clips under the proper TV format. Are you playing back your clips in PAL or NTSC?

You can change this by going to preferences (found in the edit pull down menu) and selecting the proper format.