Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
POWER DIRECTOR 15 DUAL LAYER DVD
Andy11800 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2017 09:02 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Just bought a dual layer dvd burner and dvd r dl disks, tried to burn a disk that is 7GB file. Shows available space large enough, but gives error that file is too big for disk. ?????

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2017 09:11

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just bought a dual layer dvd burner and dvd r dl disks, tried to burn a disk that is 7GB file. Shows available space large enough, but gives error that file is too big for disk. ?????

Old rule of thumb one hour of best quality video on a single layer DVD; around 2 hours on a DL. You can get more by reducing the quality.

How long is the project?

BTW, make sure you have selected the DL (8.5) option in the 2D disc dropdown. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Andy11800 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2017 09:02 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
DUH !!!! I'm new at this, and didn't select the 8.5 as you suggested. All of my attempts at converting VHS to CD have so far been trial and error. With a loy of errors. Thanks for the quick response.

Quote Just bought a dual layer dvd burner and dvd r dl disks, tried to burn a disk that is 7GB file. Shows available space large enough, but gives error that file is too big for disk. ?????

Old rule of thumb one hour of best quality video on a single layer DVD; around 2 hours on a DL. You can get more by reducing the quality.

How long is the project?

BTW, make sure you have selected the DL (8.5) option in the 2D disc dropdown.