Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quality of zoom
Feten [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2016 08:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

I'm using Powerdirector 14 and I'm doing some zoom in my video.

My video have this quality:

• Frame width: 1920

• Frame height: 1080

• Frequency of images: 23 frames/s

• Data rate: 10433 kbits/s

• Total of data: 11952 kbits/s

So I think that my video is of quite a good quality. But when I do the zoom, the quality is not good. It becomes blurry.

Is power director reducing the quality when I upload my video? or when I do a zoom?

Can I make this better?

thank you!
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
How about posting a couple of screenshots showing before and after your zoom. Bear in mind that high resolution does not infer accurate focus. I've got some very blurry 4K footage smile.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Feten -

I can't explain who's been mucking around with Longedge's camera, but your issue is a common one. Fortunately, it's mostly user error so it can be corrected. laughing

If your original video is 1920x1080, even if it's perfectly focussed and crisp & clean looking, then you add zoom, then produce to 1920x1080... that's straight away a recipe for degradation of image quality.

Zoom a little - lose a little. Zoom a lot - lose a lot!

Whether it's still images or video, the same principle applies. Take a look at this example on YouTube or download the produced file (with no YouTube processing). If I hadn't produced to 1920x1080, the zoom blur wouldn't look so bad.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!