Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Zoom creates bad video quality
[Post New]
Hi Forum

I've got an HD video, that I have rotated, speeded up (x100) and zoomed to an area about 1/5 of the original screen size. After I produce the video the quality is pretty poor. The final video is all horizontally 'lined'.... so broken up as if its heavily pixeled. I'm pretty sure the quality problem is connected to the zoom funtion. The other changes I've made don't seem to negatively effect the quality. I've worked through options to increase quality in 'settings', and in 'produce'.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ... I really don't want to refilm that part of the action.

Thanks

Tom
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
It is simple math. 1920 / 5 =384. 1080 / 5 = 216. So you final video is 384 x 216, pretty poor.

You just can not crop the video that much and expect a good quality.

If you only wanted a small area of the view, you should have either zoomed on the area of interest or walked up closer. Shooting a wide view then expecting to do the zoom in post is a really bad idea.

It would be a bit different if your original video was 4K. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Hi Carl

Thanks for your answer ...When I first encountered the problem I assumed that this was the problem... but I lived in hope ... next time I'll work with moving the camera.

Thanks

Tom

Quote It is simple math. 1920 / 5 =384. 1080 / 5 = 216. So you final video is 384 x 216, pretty poor.

You just can not crop the video that much and expect a good quality.

If you only wanted a small area of the view, you should have either zoomed on the area of interest or walked up closer. Shooting a wide view then expecting to do the zoom in post is a really bad idea.

It would be a bit different if your original video was 4K.