Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to burn blu ray
Collette [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2009 23:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am new to this program and I am not sure how to proceed. I have created my video to burn on blu ray. I downloaded the video in AVCHD clips from my Sony camcorder harddrive. I used powerdirector 7 to create my video. When I try and burn the blu ray, the computer tells me the following: "The size of the imported files exceeds the amount of available hard disk space. Free disk space 4976 MB. Please modify the export dicrectory in the preference dialog.

I have absolutely no clue what step I need to do next. I have searched the forums and tried to see any other similar but I am completely at a loss as how to proceed to get it to burn my disk. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Collette
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
The error message is saying that you don't have enough hard disk space left on your computer to temporarily put the files it needs to burn the Blue Ray disk.

If you have any computer geeks near you, have them help you clean off some stuff from your hard disk to make more space available.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2009 20:46

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
[Post New]
Hi Collette,

What you are describing is a message that says you have run out of disk space for any more files.

Think of it this way, when you go shopping, you can only put so many items in your shopping bag. If you wanted to fit more items, you would need to get a bigger bag. This is essentially what has happened on your computer. The size or quantity of data of your video clips have exceeded what your disk drive can hold.

In short, you have run out of bag space for your items. In order to solve this, you can do two things. Delete things off of your hard drive to make space for other files, (not such a good idea because you'll run out of space again,) or have a computer savvy person add a larger capacity disk drive to your computer or swap out your old one for a new one.

Adding a new drive is the easiest way. External disk drives are readily available for sale now and you can purchase a 250GB drive for less than $120 in most cases. If you know a computer geek, he/she can add an internal disk drive to your computer if you don't want an external disk next to your computer.