Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lower Thirds - How to align under speaker in a group setting?
angela123
Senior Member Location: new york Joined: Nov 24, 2015 21:53 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, So many of the lower thirds are beautiful, however, some are located on right side, and some under left side of screen. None come in ALL THREE PLACEMENTS, center, right or left, to place under the respective speaker. I don't have any closeups of the guests, so the title appears under the wrong person speaking if I choose center or left or right for my selection.

I tried to look under "effects" but it didn't work. Any thoughts? Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2017 20:01

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Angela -

The title templates that contain animations are, unfortunately, stuck where they are (as you've discovered).

There are ways around that if you are able to take the time to do it... but it's a bit of a convoluted process. One method is show in this tutorial.

Alternatively, if you're happy to use a simpler lower third/title bar, you could install the bunch of templates attached (it was easier than posting all the links)

OK - so you might like the motion but not the graphics. In that case, use your own lower third graphic and create your own templates by copying & pasting keyframe attributes... or modify to suit your needs.

I came across a strange issue when making these, but I'll post as a separate subject.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Some LowerThirds.dzl
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
890 bytes
 Downloaded:
319 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
angela123
Senior Member Location: new york Joined: Nov 24, 2015 21:53 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Thank Tony! I just downloaded the templates and I look forward to trying them later this week. I appreciate your help, as usual! Your the best!

Quote Angela -

The title templates that contain animations are, unfortunately, stuck where they are (as you've discovered).

There are ways around that if you are able to take the time to do it... but it's a bit of a convoluted process. One method is show in this tutorial.

Alternatively, if you're happy to use a simpler lower third/title bar, you could install the bunch of templates attached (it was easier than posting all the links)

OK - so you might like the motion but not the graphics. In that case, use your own lower third graphic and create your own templates by copying & pasting keyframe attributes... or modify to suit your needs.

I came across a strange issue when making these, but I'll post as a separate subject.

Cheers - Tony
angela123
[Post New]
Now that I downloaded them, how do I integrate them with my pd 14 titles?

Quote Thank Tony! I just downloaded the templates and I look forward to trying them later this week. I appreciate your help, as usual! Your the best!

Quote Angela -

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
If you just double click that "Some Lower Thirds".dzl file, the templates will be installed in your PiP Objects library.

In the attached screenshot, mine are under Custom. Yours will show up in "Downloaded".

That other issue I mentioned is posted here.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PiP Library DL.png]
 Filename
PiP Library DL.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
111 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
36 time(s)

angela123
[Post New]
Hi Tony, so, "Some Lower Thirds" dzl where do I find this??

The template link you sent sends me to Cyberlink site with a bunch of title templates, but

where are some that are exactly alike, yet offer left, center, and right, positions?

Thanks for you help! Angela

Quote Now that I downloaded them, how do I integrate them with my pd 14 titles?

Quote Thank Tony! I just downloaded the templates and I look forward to trying them later this week. I appreciate your help, as usual! Your the best!

Quote Angela -

Cheers - Tony
angela123
[Post New]
Tony, I looked under downloaded and custome, and they are not there.

Quote Hi Tony, so, "Some Lower Thirds" dzl where do I find this??

The template link you sent sends me to Cyberlink site with a bunch of title templates, but

where are some that are exactly alike, yet offer left, center, and right, positions?

Quote Angela -

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
Angela -

You're probably looking in the Titles library, but they're in the PiP Objects library. In the attached screenshot, mine are in custom ('cos I made 'em), but yours will be in Downloaded... if your project aspect ratio is set to 16:9!

The title needs to go on a separate track, as shown in the other screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Downloaded PiP Objects.png]
 Filename
Downloaded PiP Objects.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
31 time(s)
[Thumb - PiP+Title timeline.png]
 Filename
PiP+Title timeline.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
638 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
32 time(s)

angela123
[Post New]
Tony,

thanks for informing me to check in PIP. Presently, my editing computer

is in repair, so I won't be able to get to this for about two weeks, but I look forward to it. Cheers.

Quote Hi Tony, so, "Some Lower Thirds" dzl where do I find this??

Quote Angela -

Cheers - Tony