Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR15 patch v2820 available
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

The latest patch for PD15 has been released. Details and download locations are below.

Build Info:

• Version PowerDirector 15

• Build number 15.0.2820

• SR number VDE170421-06

Download Links:

Patch Instructions:

• Updates PowerDirector 15 to build 2820

• Install this patch update enhances the program stability.

• Note: This patch is not for PowerDirector Live subscribers, OEM versions, or versions purchased via Steam.

Release Notes:

• Improves AAC audio encoding quality.

• Increases the smoothness of the scaling motion in keyframed titles.

• Improves compatibility of H.264 MPEG-4 and AVI video clips.

• Improves AMD graphics card compatibility when using OpenCL accelerated effects.

• Fixes variable opacity when previewing in Title Designer.

• Fixes the animated GIF duration issue on timeline.

• Fixes the malfunction of Facebook uploading.

• Fixes the malfunction of Color Enhancement.

• Enables keyboard input of Color Temperature and Tint.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 01. 2017 04:09

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Frankster69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 13, 2017 13:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cyberlink people,

I'm currently running version 15.0.2509.0. But the Dutch version. I notice there is no download link for the Dutch version? Also, if I click to update from within the program it says no updates are available.

Is this not for me? Or is a Dutch version still in the works?

kind regards, Frank
AlSorrell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2016 16:25 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Webroot AV reports detection of W32.Adware.Gen on the patch file. This is apparently a heuristic detection. I'm wondering if it's because of the popup ads which CL likes to include...
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote the popup ads which CL likes to include...

Must admit they irrtate me too but probably the same delivery method by which I was notified of the available update so by that token it's like going to the dentist, I put up with the pain because it does me good in the long run smile.
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
"Is this not for me? Or is a Dutch version still in the works?"

Hi Frank,

PDR does not support the Dutch language - see here:

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_GB.html

You can also use the main download website to access the patch here:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_GB.html

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Frankster69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 13, 2017 13:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...PDR does not support the Dutch language ...

Huh? But mine is in the Dutch language? Menu's, headings, even the helpfile is all in Dutch. It just installed that way... If I install the English patch, will that be gone then? Or does PD gets translated by Windows or something?

I've attached a screenshot...

Also, howcome if I click 'update' (bijwerken in Dutch) from the about screen, it says no udates available? Or is that just for version updates, not patches?

Before I install the patch, I'ld like to know if it will revert to English, does it?

regards, Frank
[Thumb - PD15-Dutch.jpg]
 Filename
PD15-Dutch.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Dutch language in PD15
 Filesize
250 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
198 time(s)
[Post New]
Hi Frank,

Apologies, the content of my queries got "lost in translation".

There is no Dutch download page linking to a specific Dutch version. Nor does the website specify support for the Dutch language, although a Dutch UI has been available since version 10.

Apparently, you can download from the forum links, as they all point to the same file location, and are quicker than the website update page.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
It's the same as the Beta 2820. It slows down completly, every time when i'm in the Disc Create or Producing Menu and switch between the settings (1080i<>1080p) or the formats (mkv , mp4). It takes considerably longer for an operation to be possible, it looks like the PD15 hangs for a certain time.

Back to 2509 and all is beautiful und runs smooth.
petr-ape [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2017 16:12 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello.

I found new bug after update to 2820 (from 2508 ).

A function Fade (Enable Fade-in / Enable Fade-out) for images in Title designer doesn't works in v15.0.2820.

If I set something of this, it will immediately lose!

When I click to OK (close the Title designer) and open it again track of images are empty (without file name, Fade-in or Fade-out).
[Thumb - screen.PNG]
 Filename
screen.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
screen - title designer
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
155 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2017 16:40

Appogee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2013 14:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Why wasn't this patch available to me when I used the programs "check for updates" link?
JonathanS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2016 19:53 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello.

A function Fade (Enable Fade-in / Enable Fade-out) for images in Title designer doesn't works in v15.0.2820.

When I click to OK (close the Title designer) and open it again track of images are empty (without file name, Fade-in or Fade-out).

I am encountering this bug as well, and need an immediate fix.
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
335 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
145 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 10. 2017 20:24

JonathanS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2016 19:53 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why wasn't this patch available to me when I used the programs "check for updates" link?

This did not show for me either, but because of the images in the Title Designer issue, I wish I hadn't updated, because my work is now at a halt.
Paul Mersh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2014 00:18 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I am new to the forum as I have never had any issues with PD. I have upgraded to PD15 from PD13. I run a Core i7 ASUS laptop WIndows 10 and this new version is running so slow that it is unusable.

Any tips would be welcomed
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

I am new to the forum as I have never had any issues with PD. I have upgraded to PD15 from PD13. I run a Core i7 ASUS laptop WIndows 10 and this new version is running so slow that it is unusable.

Hi Paul please send more Info on your System the best you can do is send the DxDiag so we have a compleat Info !!

My Update is runing 100 %

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2017 08:55

Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
Paul Mersh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi

Hi Paul please send more Info on your System the best you can do is send the DxDiag so we have a compleat Info !!

Hi info atached
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
645 time(s)
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

Hi info atached

Thanks for the DxDiag

You should make the hidden folders visible first. Then scroll to C:\Users\<Activ_User>\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink and delete PowerDirector. Then uninstall PwerDirector.Once you are there, restart your pc and update your system, then install PowerDirector

2. Ore install iobit and clean PD 13 and 15 complet with Right click / restart and Install PD 15 NEW Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
Paul Mersh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi

Hi info atached

Thanks for the DxDiag

You should make the hidden folders visible first. Then scroll to C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink and delete PowerDirector. Then uninstall PwerDirector.Once you are there, restart your pc and update your system, then install PowerDirector

2. Ore install iobit and clean PD 13 and 15 complet with Right click / restart and Install PD 15 NEW

Hi I tried the above and no improvement at all.

playing back videos is ok ...... multicam designer is not usable at all whereas it was with previous version (version 12 .. not 13 as I stated previously)

I am probably going to revertt back to PD12 as I am unable to this version despite my laptop having enough processinf power
A_J_123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2016 07:15 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I have found the same thing. I've doubled my memory (which I had been planning to do anyway) but it is still really slow. How do you unwind the update or did you back up your system before applying it?

Thanks,

Alisdair.

Quote It's the same as the Beta 2820. It slows down completly, every time when i'm in the Disc Create or Producing Menu and switch between the settings (1080i<>1080p) or the formats (mkv , mp4). It takes considerably longer for an operation to be possible, it looks like the PD15 hangs for a certain time.

Paul Mersh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi I have found the same thing. I've doubled my memory (which I had been planning to do anyway) but it is still really slow. How do you unwind the update or did you back up your system before applying it?

Thanks,

Alisdair.

Quote It's the same as the Beta 2820. It slows down completly, every time when i'm in the Disc Create or Producing Menu and switch between the settings (1080i<>1080p) or the formats (mkv , mp4). It takes considerably longer for an operation to be possible, it looks like the PD15 hangs for a certain time.

didn't work for me
jdcook54 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2017 15:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello.

I downloaded v3125 & it fixed the fading problem