Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PLEASE HELP!! When using my footage, Cyberlink changes all the colours so it looks AWFUL! - Photo!
abigailm28 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2011 15:14 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone!

I am in such a need of help here.
I've been using Powerdirector for almost 8 years now.

I am stressing the hell out as my beaufiul lovely footage from Japan (filmed on a canon 70D)
Once imported to cyberlink... goes horrible.

it gets contrasted, over exposed, blooms the colours..

WHY?!?! WHY DOES POWERDIRECTOR DO THIS.

I wanted to show you the comparison of the RAW footage outside the editor and the editor itself.
I want to know HOW on earth I can stop powerdirector from doing this to my footage as it renders like this too. It's gross francily.

Please can anyone help me? It's like powerdirector are putting on some kinda of weird "enhancer" on my footage and it's ruining it!

I am going insane here and almost about to quit using powerdirector almost after 8 years of using it.
Can anyone shed some light on the matter and help me get my original quailty?
Thank you so much!
Abi x
[Thumb - normal vs imported.JPG]
 Filename
normal vs imported.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
167 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
48 time(s)
abigailm28 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyone please? Someone that works for Cyberlink? This is serious!
abigailm28 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyone please?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Abi -

I think your observation about the preview is right, but please refer to Longedge's comment about the preview screen.

I'm not sure what software you were using in your comparison screenshot. Different NLEs & media players will display colours slightly differently.

Using a reasonably colourful clip from a Canon 70D, I compared the preview display in PDR14 & Camtasia & observed the same difference you stated. See attached screenshot.

BUT - when the clip was produced (with parameters as close as I could get to "same") there was no obvious difference in colour when played back in MPC-HC. See attached screenshots.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Canon 70D Camtasia - MPC-HC.png]
 Filename
Canon 70D Camtasia - MPC-HC.png
[Disk]
 Description
Camtasia Produced
 Filesize
4146 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
36 time(s)
[Thumb - Canon 70D PDR - MPC-HC.png]
 Filename
Canon 70D PDR - MPC-HC.png
[Disk]
 Description
PDR14 Produced
 Filesize
4222 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
33 time(s)
[Thumb - Canon 70D Previews.png]
 Filename
Canon 70D Previews.png
[Disk]
 Description
Preview Comparison
 Filesize
1763 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
35 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
If you wish, the two produced files can be downloaded from here.

The significant difference in file size is because the PDR14 file was produced using SVRT (~88Mbps) but Camtasia's rendering was limited to ~20Mbps.

Cheers - Tony
abigailm28 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you wish, the two produced files can be downloaded from here.

The significant difference in file size is because the PDR14 file was produced using SVRT (~88Mbps) but Camtasia's rendering was limited to ~20Mbps.

Cheers - Tony

My issue is, when rendered it still looks horribly over exposed and gross! the only way I got around this was uploading the clips to YouTube and downloading them again still 60fps then when imported it would be it's orignal file.

However my issue now is when I render... even in HD.. super HD.. THE QUALITY IS AWLFUL?? it's not true HD like the orignal clips and it's becaoming more trouble thatn it's worth
ynotfish
[Post New]
I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty getting a decent produced file. I'm surprised you're getting such poor results.

Do you have a short clip from your 70D that could be uploaded to a shared file site for testing?

Cheers - Tony
abigailm28 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty getting a decent produced file. I'm surprised you're getting such poor results.

Do you have a short clip from your 70D that could be uploaded to a shared file site for testing?

Cheers - Tony

Do you need the rendered file or is a youtube file enough?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cntbke7o3E8

This was produced on the highest 1080p 60fps settings with bitrate of 30000 as mine is 27900 on camera's clips.
the quality is SHOCKING this was filmed on a Canon 70D and it's normal footage is wonderful

I really really need this to not do this for the next video I am producing as I have deadlines.
I've been searching and searching and not getting anywhere with finding anyone who has a rendering issue of bad quailty!

I've even tried with true without true and fast rendering, I've tried without shadow files now also :/

I just want lovely HD videos.
ynotfish
[Post New]
I see what you mean...

No - not a rendered file or a YouTube processed file. A short clip straight off your Canon 70D.

The more detail you can give on what editing you did & what format/profile was used for production the better.

Cheers - Tony
abigailm28 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I see what you mean...

No - not a rendered file or a YouTube processed file. A short clip straight off your Canon 70D.

The more detail you can give on what editing you did & what format/profile was used for production the better.

Cheers - Tony

I rendering in 1080 x 1920 , 60fps, progressive frame type, high profile, CABAC, 30000 bitrate and quailty mode with deblocking.
Like really high settings and it makes the video so bad :C and it's not youtube doin git
 Filename
MVI_9640.MOV
[Disk]
 Description
RAW FOOTAGE disney.
 Filesize
137143 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
94 time(s)
abigailm28 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I see what you mean...

Cheers - Tony

I rendering in 1080 x 1920 , 60fps, progressive frame type, high profile, CABAC, 30000 bitrate and quailty mode with deblocking.
Like really high settings and it makes the video so bad :C and it's not youtube doin git

also the H.2c4 setting things in MP4 or MTS to try and get it to work :C
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi again Abi -

Thanks for uploading your clip for testing.

Sorry - I can't replicate your issue. Colours in the original & produced file are (as good as) identical. In the attached screenshot, half is the original & half is the produced file.

Your provided clip is AVC 1280x720 @26Mbps. I produced using SVRT to AVC MP4 1280x720 @ 26Mbps. You can download the produced file here.

So - I'm not sure what's happening at your end without further information.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Canon 70D Orig-Prod.png]
 Filename
Canon 70D Orig-Prod.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1959 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
23 time(s)

abigailm28 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi again Abi -

Thanks for uploading your clip for testing.

Sorry - I can't replicate your issue. Colours in the original & produced file are (as good as) identical. In the attached screenshot, half is the original & half is the produced file.

Your provided clip is AVC 1280x720 @26Mbps. I produced using SVRT to AVC MP4 1280x720 @ 26Mbps. You can download the produced file here.

So - I'm not sure what's happening at your end without further information.

Cheers - Tony

This is very concerning to me then that this is happening so much so I cannot see the details correclty :/

PRODUCED: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/151393224781463552/322393720681005058/unknown.png

RAW: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/151393224781463552/322393821654810644/unknown.png

It's really really bad :C
Do you have any idea what it could be??! Can project files do this? Like? My PC is a BEAST btw this shouldn't be affecting this:C orz

I appriciate all your helps so far though ;C