Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7 will not finish burn
Justin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2008 09:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have used Pd 7 for several months and really enjoy it. I have just made a highlight film for our schools football team with it. It looks great, but I cannot get it to burn. It gets to 75% every time and just stays there. I have left it on over night to see if it is just rendering slowly. I am running an Intel 2.0 with 2 gigs of ram. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks frustrated.
[Post New]
Hi Justin,

I'm not sure what an "Intel 2.0" is unless you are referring to the Core 2 Duo processors, in which, you should have enough fire power to run PD7.

There are many reasons why PD7 can't burn your DVD. The simplest explanation may be PD7 not being compatible with your DVD burners. Others have suggested that software conflicts is the problem. You can also update the firmware for you DVD to make sure it is up to specs. Visit the manufacturer's site to download this.

So far, people have success with LiteOn, Pioneer, LG, HP and a few others, while Samsung and Toshiba burners don't seem to work. If you can't swap out your DVD burner, you might try installing PD7 on a friend's machine, which has a DVD burner on the "success" list. Just don't forget to uninstall the program on your bud's machine after you finish.

If you can burn your project on the other DVD burner, than you've found the problem.

A temporary solution that many have found successful until a fix is available is to check the "create DVD folder" option in the burn menu. You'll have to access this folder later so make sure you know where this file ends up. Uncheck the burn to DVD box.

Start the "burn." After PD7 finishes, use a burning software program like Nero, DVD Shrink, or some other program to access the vts video file to burn to a DVD. That should work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2009 20:45

Justin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2008 09:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes it is a dual core. Once again word only has spell check not stupid check. I have burnt at least 25 DVD projects with it all ready. I have all ready burnt the current file that will not curently burn. I had a few errors on it so I went in and changed my errors and now it will not burn. I have tried to burn it to a file but the same things occurs it locks around 75-80 percent. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Justin,

I think the clue here is that you have previously successfully burnt this file, then you have modified it, so in all probability something you have changed has become corrupted. This could be a video clip, or transition, effect, PiP, so you need to identify what you have changed.
Did you not save the file with a new name when you modified the project, this is an absolute must, that way you will always have a fall back project.

Try splitting your project into separate files, say 3, then create a DVD folder for each section, time consuming, but necessary to identify the error, if one section fails then at least you know where the error is located and you can examine more closely that section.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I have had a few incomplete burns, too. Try CCleaner to clean up crap, and try a new folder to burn to. Changing the folder worked for me a couple of times. Maybe something is corrupting the path to burn.
Just guessing! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT