Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Modify Magic Style Templates
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Reference: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/52244.page . Magic Style Wedding Album here.

I wanted to do more. Keep the original wedding album and have a new light blue one. Copied the folder. Placed the new files in it. Renamed the folder. See both a blue and a pink Wedding Album thumbnails in Magic Style with the same name. Both of them previewed with the new blue contents. Looked at the xml documents and do not see anything obvious. Change the name in the desc_u.ini to no avail.

It looks like a backup of the original Wedding Album folder is desired. A pink original theme is available when the new blue one is removed. The new blue theme is available when the blue one or both folders are present.

Looking for ideas on modifying a magic style template and then save it as a different template in PD successfully!!!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tomasc -

We're probably all in the same boat (except maybe the XML experts).

Modifying the template by substituting different graphics, video or audio in the template folders is one thing. Saving it as a completely different template is another thing altogether.

As far as I'm aware, there'd be no way to do that without rewriting many XML files. Obviously, developers can do it so it's possible with the right knowledge. Just that I don't have it. embarassed

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Tony. I will seek other solutions to maybe help others to have other modified Magic styles templates and make the changes easier.
[Post New]
Quote Thank you Tony. I will seek other solutions to maybe help others to have other modified Magic styles templates and make the changes easier.

Very easy to do my friend. Just change the name in the " desc_u" configuration file in your LANGUAGE DIRECTORY. In my case it is the "ENU" directory for English . Your new name will then show up under the template list PDTemplateZone - https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
That worked. I now have a new created Magic Styles template named W A Blue along with the old Wedding Album. Both work independently of each other. See the attached screenshot. GodfreyZA – You are a genius!!! This will help others in having new Magic Styles templates. sealed
[Thumb - New MS Template.jpg]
 Filename
New MS Template.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Newly created template in Magic Styles.
 Filesize
582 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
107 time(s)
[Post New]
Quote That worked. I now have a new created Magic Styles template named W A Blue along with the old Wedding Album. Both work independently of each other. See the attached screenshot. GodfreyZA – You are a genius!!! This will help others in having new Magic Styles templates. sealed

I'm glad you came right my friend. Did you see the metallic silver album? Any comments on that one? PDTemplateZone - https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes. Saw that yesterday. Made the changes on the blue theme wedding album yesterday morning and it all worked as you described. Late replying because of being out all day. Just downloaded the metallic silver one and installed it as a separate template. Want to work on the changes mentioned on your website to make the book open to the left. Once on the timeline I believe that text can be added if of short duration to announce a couple’s name if desired. Short duration of PiP objects on other tracks can also be used if careful. Will work on these things later this evening.

Thank you for all your work in making a great Wedding Album template even better and more versatile for everyone.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 08. 2017 12:59

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks GodfreyZA!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Thanks GodfreyZA!

Cheers - Tony

Always a pleasure PDTemplateZone - https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Did you see the metallic silver album? Any comments on that one?

The Wedding Album is truly versatile with the changes you made in this template. The gold title on the album cover Our Wedding is universal for an English speaking audience. It works fine with flipping the assets to produce a book opening to the left.

The original wedding album and the modified blue theme one need to have ribbon01.png (True Love) flipped if a book opening to the left is desired. You already fixed it in the silver one by making it universal. I flipped it already using an image editor.

I am almost sure that it displays the same True Love in English for PD users in the other languages like German, Chinese, Japanese, etc. Those using PD in the other countries would just think that it is decoration and ignore it. Can’t be sure so I will post this question in the German and possibly the Japanese PD forums. Maybe users in other countries can check and let us know if this is so.
[Post New]
Quote Did you see the metallic silver album? Any comments on that one?

The Wedding Album is truly versatile with the changes you made in this template. The gold title on the album cover Our Wedding is universal for an English speaking audience. It works fine with flipping the assets to produce a book opening to the left.

The original wedding album and the modified blue theme one need to have ribbon01.png (True Love) flipped if a book opening to the left is desired. You already fixed it in the silver one by making it universal. I flipped it already using an image editor.

I am almost sure that it displays the same True Love in English for PD users in the other languages like German, Chinese, Japanese, etc. Those using PD in the other countries would just think that it is decoration and ignore it. Can’t be sure so I will post this question in the German and possibly the Japanese PD forums. Maybe users in other countries can check and let us know if this is so.

Thank you for the thorough feedback. Much appreciated PDTemplateZone - https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates